It’s no secret. I love stuffed peppers. I’ve made them in the oven, in the slow cooker and even into a soup! I thought it was about time to make stuffed peppers into a casserole. Have you jumped on the “one pot” bandwagon? I’m simply in love with how easy it is to throw together a meal, all in ONE POT. So I knew the Stuffed Pepper Casserole would make a perfect one-pot creation. Rice is one of the main stars in this dish, so you want to choose one that fits the bill. For this recipe I used RiceSelectTexmati® White Rice.
Texmati® White Rice is themost widely recognized brand of aromatic rice in the U.S. Theiraward-winning Texmati® White Rice combines the qualities of basmati rice with those of traditional American long grain rice. Similar to basmati, Texmati has a delightful aroma of popcorn and a delicious nutty flavor. Its delicious flavor, delightful aroma, unique texture and easy cooking characteristics sets Texmati apart from all other aromatics.
All RiceSelect products are grown, milled, and packaged in the USA and are produced from non-GMO proprietary seed. RiceSelectoffer many types of rice too! Arborio, Arborio Blend™ with Jalapeño, Arborio Blend™ with Mushrooms. Each variety has its own distinct flavor, aroma, and texture-–therefore producing endless opportunities to create your own dish or put a new spin on an old one.
Are you ready to make this mouth-watering dish? Let’s get started!
One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole Ingredients:
1 lb extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup diced yellow onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups dice large bell peppers
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
2 cups beef broth
8 oz can tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup RiceSelect Texmati® White Rice, uncooked
1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, or cheddar blend
Directions: 1. Over a medium-high heat brown ground beef with onions and garlic, cook for about 5–7 minutes, breaking into small pieces as the beef browns.
2. Add peppers and salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 more minutes, until peppers have started to soften. (NOTE: if you didn’t use extra lean beef, you will need to drain off some of the fat at this point)
3. Reduce heat to medium and add in tomatoes with juice, broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil.
4. Now add in your uncooked rice. Return to a boil, and reduce heat to low.Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
5. Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Serve right away and enjoy! Got leftovers? Make a Stuffed Pepper Wrap for lunch the next day! YUM!
Make sure to visit the RiceSelect Rethink Rice campaign site and sign up for our monthly newsletters where you will receive exclusive access to fresh new recipes and a $2-off coupon just for signing up. You can also GO HERE to enter for a chance to win a free Aroma 6-cup rice cooker, and use #RethinkRice #sweeps to show your recipe creation for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card.
RiceSelect wants to know, what’s YOUR favorite rice dish?
Tell me in the comments below for a chance to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
The RiceSelect Hosted Sweepstakes ends/ended at midnight on December 18th.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1.Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2.Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3.Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4.For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/6/14 – 11/3/14.
Be sure to visit theRiceSelect brand pageon BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups dice large bell bell peppers
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup RiceSelect Texmati® White Rice, uncooked
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese, or cheddar blend
- Over a medium-high heat brown ground beef with onions and garlic, cook for about 5–7 minutes, breaking into small pieces as the beef browns.
- Add peppers and salt and pepper and cook for about 5-7 more minutes, until peppers have started to soften. (NOTE: if you didn't use extra lean beef, you will need to drain off some of the fat at this point)
- Reduce heat to medium and add in tomatoes with juice, broth, tomato sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir until well combined. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Now add in your uncooked rice. Return to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D