Spring is in the air, and spring mix is on the plate.
As the Beatles said, it’s been a long, cold, lonely winter. But finally, FINALLY, we are starting to see the first hints of spring. You know, like temperatures that actually get above freezing during the day. Or snow that starts to melt before the next load comes down. The nice weather is so close, you can almost taste it.
And what tastes more like spring than spring greens?
This Apple Walnut Goat Cheese Salad is the perfect mix for early spring. It blends the last of winter (apples and walnuts) with the first greens of springtime. Every bite contains light cool greens, sweet crisp apples, crunchy walnuts, and soft creamy goat cheese, all topped with a tangy poppyseed dressing. (You can use your favorite bottled dressing, or my delicious homemade poppy seed dressing!)
Not only do I love to serve this yummy salad to my friend and family for dinner…..but I adore packing this Apple Walnut Goat Cheese Salad for lunch! I mean, come on, wouldn’t this gorgeous salad brighten your workday grind? If packing it for lunch, I suggest packing the salad dressing on the side until you are ready to eat to avoid any sogginess.
Apple Walnut Goat Cheese Salad
6 cups spring green mix (baby spinach, arugula, and other baby greens)
1 red apple, thinly sliced
1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
1/2-3/4 cup of poppy seed dressing
1. Gently mix together greens, apples slices, walnuts and goat cheese in a large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until salad is evenly coated.
NOTE: If packing for lunch, pack dressing separate to avoid a soggy salad.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 6 cups spring green mix (baby spinach, arugula, and other baby greens)
- 1 red apple, thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup goat cheese crumbles
- ½-3/4 cup of poppy seed dressing
- Gently mix together greens, apples slices, walnuts and goat cheese in a large salad bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until salad is evenly coated.
- NOTE: If packed for lunch, pack dressing separate to avoid a soggy salad.