Enjoy the flavor of lasagna without all the work.
Everyone loves lasagna, right? I mean, just think about it for a minute: noodles, hearty meat sauce, hot bubbling cheese that stretches for miles. What’s not to love?
Well, unless maybe it’s all the work it takes to make it. Cooking up the noodles, browning the beef, making the sauce, laying everything out in the pan, putting it in the oven, switching up the heat to get it browned just right…whew! It’s just not something you’d want to do every day.
Luckily, you don’t have to! With my Hearty Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, you get all the deliciousness of lasagna without the hassle. You can just load up the crockpot in the morning, and 20 minutes before dinnertime, add the last two ingredients. Boom. Done.
You’ve got just enough time to set the table-and maybe enjoy a nice glass of wine-before your soup is ready to serve.
You might be familiar with my original and kinda FAMOUS Crockpot Lasagna Soup. (if not, please try it out…Family Fresh Meal fans LOVE it! )
When my friends over at Betty Crocker asked if I would create a version for them, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This recipe is everything you love about my lasagna soup, but beefed up with some delicious veggies!
Make sure to check out this and all my other recipes over at BettyCrocker.com
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ beef flavored broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (2 oz)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- Shredded cheese, if desired
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Place in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, mushrooms, basil, parsley, water, salt and pepper to slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- When about 30 minutes are left , add uncooked pasta and zucchini; cover and continue cooking until time is up.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D