Enjoy the flavor of lasagna without all the work.
Everyone loves lasagna, right? I mean, just think about it for a minute: noodles, hearty meat sauce, hot bubbling cheese that stretches for miles. What’s not to love?
Well, unless maybe it’s all the work it takes to make it. Cooking up the noodles, browning the beef, making the sauce, laying everything out in the pan, putting it in the oven, switching up the heat to get it browned just right…whew! It’s just not something you’d want to do every day.
Luckily, you don’t have to! With my Hearty Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup, you get all the deliciousness of lasagna without the hassle. You can just load up the crockpot in the morning, and 20 minutes before dinnertime, add the last two ingredients. Boom. Done.
You’ve got just enough time to set the table-and maybe enjoy a nice glass of wine-before your soup is ready to serve.
You might be familiar with my original and kinda FAMOUS Crockpot Lasagna Soup. (if not, please try it out…Family Fresh Meal fans LOVE it! )
When my friends over at Betty Crocker asked if I would create a version for them, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This recipe is everything you love about my lasagna soup, but beefed up with some delicious veggies!
Make sure to check out this and all my other recipes over at BettyCrocker.com
Hearty Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 to 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 can 28 oz crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 carton 32 oz Progresso™ beef flavored broth
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked bow-tie farfalle pasta (2 oz)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- Shredded cheese if desired
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Place in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth, mushrooms, basil, parsley, water, salt and pepper to slow cooker; stir. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours.
- When about 30 minutes are left , add uncooked pasta and zucchini; cover and continue cooking until time is up.
- Top with shredded cheese.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.