So it turns out, I wasn’t just bragging when I called my beef stew “The Best Crockpot Beef Stew.” People really, really like it, and the recipe has been getting lots of attention.
So I figured, why not take that recipe and put a little twist on it? Swapping out the stew meat for frozen meatballs makes this recipe even easier, because there’s less prep involved. All you have to do now is chop a few veggies.
And because it’s easy to keep a bag of meatballs in the freezer, ready to go, you can make this stew pretty much any time you want. So if you wake up one morning and realize you have no idea what you’re going to serve for dinner that night, no need to run to the store…just toss this together in your handy crockpot. Half an hour before dinner, throw in the frozen veggies, and boom, you’re done.
I like to throw in two cups of cooked noodles at the end of the cooking time, because nothing goes with meatballs like pasta, right? And it stretches the stew from maybe six generous servings to eight. But if you don’t want all those extra carbs, you can leave them out. With meat, veggies, and potatoes, the stew is definitely hearty enough.
Easy Crockpot Meatball Stew
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
2 pounds frozen meatballs
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp pepper
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 celery ribs, sliced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
6oz can tomato paste
32oz beef broth
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups baby carrots carrots
4-5 small red potatoes,cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon oregano
1 cups frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
2 cups of cooked pasta
1. Combine meatballs, celery, carrots, red onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the crockpot. I used a 6 qt crockpot for this stew. Cooked on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8.
2. About 15 minutes before serving, add in your cooked noodles, frozen peas and corn. Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 32oz beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots carrots
- 4-5 small red potatoes,cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
- Combine meatballs, celery, carrots, red onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the crock pot. I used a 6 qt crockpot for this stew. Cooked on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8
- About 30 minutes before serving, add in your frozen peas and corn. Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes.