An easy beef stew gets even easier.
So it turns out, I wasn’t just bragging when I called my beef stew “The Best Crockpot Beef Stew.” People really, really like it, and the recipe has been getting lots of attention.
So I figured, why not take that recipe and put a little twist on it? Swapping out the stew meat for frozen meatballs makes this recipe even easier, because there’s less prep involved. All you have to do now is chop a few veggies.
And because it’s easy to keep a bag of meatballs in the freezer, ready to go, you can make this stew pretty much any time you want. So if you wake up one morning and realize you have no idea what you’re going to serve for dinner that night, no need to run to the store…just toss this together in your handy crockpot. Half an hour before dinner, throw in the frozen veggies, and boom, you’re done.
`I like to throw in two cups of cooked noodles at the end of the cooking time, because nothing goes with meatballs like pasta, right? And it stretches the stew from maybe six generous servings to eight. But if you don’t want all those extra carbs, you can leave them out. With meat, veggies, and potatoes, the stew is definitely hearty enough.
Easy Crockpot Meatball Stew
- Combine meatballs, celery, carrots, red onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the crockpot. I used a 6 qt crockpot for this stew. Cooked on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8.
- About 15 minutes before serving, add in your cooked noodles, frozen peas and corn. Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes.
HERE ARE MORE SLOW COOKER RECIPES WE LOVE!
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- The Best Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken
- The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Crockpot Meatball Stew
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs sliced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups baby carrots carrots
- 4-5 small red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups of cooked pasta
- Combine meatballs, celery, carrots, red onion, potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, and tomato paste in the crock pot. I used a 6 qt crockpot for this stew. Cooked on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 7-8
- About 30 minutes before serving, add in your frozen peas and corn. Continue cooking covered for 30 minutes.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment