The addictive flavor of crack dip in a complete meal.
A year or so ago, I discovered a wonderful party dip called crack dip. It’s got cream cheese, ranch dressing mix, cheddar cheese, green onions, and bacon all in one bowl, and it’s so crazy good you can dip pretty much anything in it and it will taste great. Seriously, I would eat a table leg with this stuff on it.
So when I heard that you can get that same flavor in a chicken dish, and make a whole meal out of it, you can bet my ears pricked up. And when I found out that you can make it in the Crockpot, naturally I was completely sold.
This Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken has all the delicious flavors of crack dip, plus tender slow-cooked chicken. And it’s amazingly easy to make: Just cook the chicken with the ranch seasoning and cream cheese, then shred it, stir it, and add the other ingredients.
Serve it up on buns, tortillas, or what have you, and you’ve got a hot meal bursting with crack-dip flavor. It’s much better than standing next to the table eating an entire bowlful of dip…uh, not that I’ve done that, of course.
Can you use bacon bits from a jar instead of the cooked, crumbled bacon?
If they are real bacon bits, and not fake soy things, then maybe you could get away with it. But I think it’s worth the trouble of cooking and crumbling some bacon for the flavor it provides. It’s not that much work, and the rest of the dish is so easy, you can easily make the time.
What’s a good side dish to serve with this creamy chicken?
The protein and starch are covered, so all you need is a green vegetable. A simple green salad would be just fine, or something like steamed broccoli or green beans with just a touch of butter, salt, and pepper. There’s so much flavor in the chicken, the veggie doesn’t need to be anything fancy.
Is this recipe keto friendly?
It is! All you have to do is leave out the bun and put it in a lettuce wrap, or treat it like a dip and dunk veggie strips into it.
How to Make Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken
Ingredients you will need:
ranch dressing mix
cooked crumbled bacon
shredded cheddar cheese
- In the crockpot add your chicken, sprinkle with ranch and then place cream cheese on top. Cover and cook on low for 6 – 7 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken and stirring in the cream cheese. Add your cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions and give it a stir to combine.
- Serve on buns, croissants, tortillas, lettuce wrap or just scoop up with some veggies.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
TOOLS USED FOR THIS CREAMY CROCKPOT CRACK CHICKEN
Creamy Crockpot Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 pkt ranch dressing mix
- 1 8 oz block cream cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup cooked crumbled bacon depending on how much you like bacon
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions sliced
- In crockpot add your chicken, sprinkle with ranch and then place cream cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- Remove lid and shred chicken and stirring in the cream cheese.
- Add your cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions and give it a stir to combine.
- Serve on buns, croissants, tortillas, etc.
Ready for some more easy crockpot recipes?
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy – a classic
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup – full of yummy veggies
- Beef Tips – family favorite
- Crock pot BBQ Chicken – fan favorite!
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing – a whole meal in one!
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs – a great appetizer or meal
- Crockpot Detox Soup – a super healthy meal