This appetizer has it all. Crunchy, creamy, sweet and spicy!
This post has been Sponsored by SeaPak.
Once again, it’s holiday entertaining time. And no holiday gathering, from a casual caroling party to a fancy cocktail soiree, is complete without appetizers. Unlike fork-and-knife foods, which require you to sit down and concentrate on your plate, appetizers can just be piled on your plate and munched as you mingle.
That’s great for the guests, but it can be a bummer for the hosts. Because the snag with appetizers is, the really scrumptious fancy ones often take longer to make than they do to eat. And what hostess wants to spend all her time in the kitchen instead of socializing with her guests?
Fortunately, SeaPak has the solution. Its handy frozen shrimp products are the basis for lots of fun holiday appetizers – and since they’re all breaded and ready to go, all you have to do is heat them up and add your toppings.
These Tropical Coconut Shrimp Bites are tasty and satisfying little nibbles based on SeaPak’s Jumbo Coconut Shrimp. All you have to do is load them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven, and while they’re heating up, cut up some avocados and pineapple to go on top. When they come out, golden and crispy, after 11 to 12 minutes, all you have to do is top each one with a pineapple chunk and an avocado slice and skewer it with a little cocktail toothpick.
These are served with a tangy-spicy-sweet sauce that you can make ahead of time. You can either drizzle it over the top or serve it on the side for dipping. Then pop that platter onto the table and get back to your guests. Use this store locator to find SeaPak products near you!
Tropical Coconut Shrimp Bites
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
1 (10oz) package of frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
1 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks,cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
1 Tablespoon orange marmalade
2 Tablespoons sriracha
1. Bake SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp according to package.
2. While those are baking, mixing together chili sauce, orange marmalade and sriracha sauce. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
3. Once shrimp are done cooking, place a piece of pineapple and avocado on top of shrimp, and secure with a cocktail toothpick.
4. Serve with sauce on the side for dipping or drizzle over shrimp bites before serving.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1 (10oz) package of frozen SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup fresh pineapple chunks,cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tablespoon orange marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha
- Bake SeaPak Jumbo Coconut Shrimp according to package.
- While those are baking, mixing together chili sauce, orange marmalade and sriracha sauce. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Once shrimp are done cooking, place a piece of pineapple and avocado on top of shrimp, and secure with a cocktail toothpick.
- Serve with sauce on the side for dipping or drizzle over shrimp bites before serving.