To kick off grilling season this year, I came up with these Lemon Chicken Skewers, which I thought were pretty much the perfect summertime meal. They’re light, healthy, and full of flavor…and they’re a great way to take advantage of fresh summer produce.
But good as these skewers were, I realized they were going to get boring if I made them too often. What I needed was a way to give this recipe a twist, so it would feel like a whole new dish.
And here’s that twist: Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing. It starts out just like the original version, with chunks of chicken and veggies steeped in a lemon-garlic-dill marinade and grilled on skewers. But then, instead of just serving the skewers as-is, you pull those savory grilled chunks off and arrange them on a bed of salad greens and red onion. Top it off with my Homemade Creamy Lemon Salad dressing, and BAM! The perfect summer salad.
This Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad is an even more perfect summertime meal. It’s got loads of healthy, fresh veggies, but also loads of flavor…and with everything in one bowl, it doesn’t even need a side dish. Just a little bread, maybe, if you feel the need for some carbs.
Here’s to summer!
Homemade Creamy Lemon Dressing
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream ( you can use lite or plain greek yogurt as a substitute.)
1. Combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. I also LOVE this salad dressing mixer. (aff link)
2. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Let refrigerate for at least an hour before using.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup sour cream ( you can use lite or plain greek yogurt as a substitute.)
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined and smooth. I also LOVE this salad dressing mixer.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use. Let refrigerate for at least an hour before using.