Whenever I have a crowd for breakfast, I like to serve a hearty breakfast casserole. Here’s my latest example: Cheesy Egg Crescent Roll Casserole.
You make this kind of like a quiche, with refrigerator crescent rolls – the kind that come in a tube – to form the crust. You lay those out in the pan, and then cover them with a rich, eggy batter loaded with cheese, bacon, milk, and cream.
But as you bake it, the coolest thing happens. Instead of staying on the bottom, the crescent rolls soak up the egg mixture and start to puff. So by the time the eggs are fully cooked – about 20 to 25 minutes – the crescents have swelled up right to the top of the pan and made a gorgeous, golden-brown top.
This isn’t just gorgeous to look at – it also has a wonderful, tender texture unlike anything you’ve ever tried. It’s kind of like a cross between a flaky crescent roll and really good, moist French toast. And the hearty mixture of eggs, milk, and bacon makes the whole dish both savory and satisfying.
And if this sounds so good you can’t wait until you have a big crowd for breakfast, why not make it for dinner instead? All you need is a green veggie to make it a complete meal.
Cheesy Egg Crescent Roll Casserole
8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
2 tubes Crescent Rolls
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cup shredded Cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
2. Roll crescent rolls according to package instructions and place side-by-side in the baking dish.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, and season with salt and pepper. Fold in bacon and cheese, then pour mixture over crescent rolls.
5. Bake until the rolls are golden and the egg mixture is set, 23 to 25 minutes.
6. Serve warm.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!XO
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tubes Crescent Rolls
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup shredded Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 9"-x-13" baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Roll crescent rolls according to package instructions and place side-by-side in the baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, and season with salt and pepper. Fold in bacon and cheese, then pour mixture over crescent rolls. Bake until the rolls are golden and the egg mixture is set, 23 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.