Hi, I’m Corey, and I’m a honey garlic addict.
It all started innocently enough, when I created these Honey Garlic Crockpot Meatballs. That honey-garlic sauce was so good, I went on to try it with cocktail weenies and Polish sausage. I even worked that delicious honey-garlic combo into a shrimp lo mein recipe.
For a while, I thought I’d managed to kick the honey garlic habit. A few years went by, and I hadn’t used it in any new recipes. But just recently, the craving hit me again. I just had to do something with honey and garlic!
I couldn’t fight it, so I did the next best thing: I put that honey garlic magic to work in a healthy recipe. I sliced up two whole pounds of carrots – a nutrition-packed veggie that’s just as good in the winter as in the summer. Then I tossed them with a glaze loaded with honey, garlic, and melted butter. And then I gave them a nice, slow oven roasting, so they cooked up nice and tender and had plenty of time to soak up all that honey-garlic goodness.
These Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots make a festive side dish that’s great for a holiday meal, or to perk up an ordinary weekday dinner. And they’re proof that honey garlic sauce is one habit-forming substance you can actually feel good about.
Honey Garlic Roasted Carrots
2 pounds carrots peeled, and sliced lengthwise
1/4 cup honey
4 tablespoon butter, melted
3 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together melted butter, honey, garlic and salt and pepper. Add the carrots into the bowl and toss them until evenly coated.
2. Spread out in a single layer, evenly on a large baking sheet lined with foil.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 2 pounds carrots peeled, and sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, finely diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix together melted butter, honey, garlic and salt and pepper. Add the carrots into the bowl and toss them until evenly coated.
- Spread out in a single layer, evenly on a large baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley.