This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
At this time of year, we all get invited to a lot of big holiday parties. Lots of people, lots of food, lots of bustle. They’re fun, but there’s so much going on that you never get much time to chat with any one person.
But then there’s the other kind of holiday gathering: the small, cozy kind. Maybe it’s just your immediate family and one or two relatives who have arrived ahead of the crowd on Christmas Eve. Or maybe it’s a little dinner party with a couple of close friends. Either way, it’s a much more intimate setting, with plenty of time to enjoy good food and good conversation.
The problem is, can you really have both? If you’re the one who has to cook all that good food, are you going to be so busy in the kitchen that you’ll get left out of the fun?
No need to worry! Knorr is here to help out with its Make Meals that Do More collection. These deliciously simple, budget-friendly recipes come together in a flash, so you have more time to spend with your family and friends.
Take this One Pot Winter Vegetables Chicken and Rice, for instance. The secret ingredient is Knorr® Rice Sides™ Chicken Rice – a tasty blend of white rice and savory, chicken-flavored sauce. All you have to do is add some fresh veggies to the mix and top it with cooked chicken breast. I used carrots, parsnips, sweet potato – three delicious, seasonal veggies that are at their best at this time of year. My whole family loved it, and I loved how little time I had to spend cooking it.
To make this meal even easier, you can use Walmart Grocery Pickup to get all the ingredients for this meal. Order everything online, arrange your pickup time, and everything will be ready when you get to the store. As a bonus, many of the ingredients sold at Walmart come from sustainable farms, which makes them an extra-smart choice for your holiday gathering.
So don’t let the holidays stress you out. With help from Knorr and Walmart, you can spend less time on food prep and more time with your favorite people – which is what the holidays are all about.
One Pot Winter Vegetables Chicken and Rice
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Tablespoon butter, divided
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped parsnip
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced into ½ to ¾ inch cubes, About 1 cup
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add in your thyme. Add chicken to pand and season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Add last Tablespoon of butter to pan and cook vegetables, for 3-4 minutes. Add 2 cups water, Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor into the same skillet and prepare according to the rice package directions.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of rice and roasted vegetables.