Save a ton of time packing lunches at the same time!
Curried Chicken Salad for Lunch
A while back I did a Curried Chicken Salad recipe for SheKnows.com. The girls liked it sooooo much, I decided to add it to our lunch menu again this week for a Mommy & Me Lunch! Are you worried about the kiddos not liking chicken salad? Don’t be! The sweet raisins and crunch of the apple will appeal to even the pickiest eaters!
- For my lunch, I place the Curried Chicken Salad over a bed of mixed greens, with a side of fresh fruit and mini whole wheat crackers.
- For the girls’ lunch, I paired the Curried Chicken Salad with whole wheat crackers, carrots and celery, fresh fruit and some cookies.
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cups diced chicken you can find pre-cooked chicken strips at most grocery stores
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- First combine curry powder and mayonnaise, mix well.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on a sandwich, with crackers or your favorite veggies!
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.