Are you tired of making the SAME old cheese ball?
I have a SIMPLE solution for you to try!
A holiday party isn’t complete without a cheese ball! So instead of making one big one, why not mix it up with a variety of small mini cheese balls These cuties were in my Food Network Magazine last month
- black sesame seeds and white sesame seeds.
Some other options for you to play around with are tarragon, hulled pumpkin seeds, almonds or chopped pistachios
You can also mix up your cheese base. I did a cheddar cheese, but feel free to experiment with parmesan, pepper jack or gouda! The recipe called for 1/2 tsp of lemon zest. I felt like that was a little too much for my pallet. So maybe when you add the lemon, start with 1/4 tsp and add more until it has the taste you like. This is such a fun, colorful, unique cheese ball recipe. I hope you all enjoy these fun Mini Cheese Balls!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- - 8oz softened cream cheese
- - 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- - ¼-1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- - 1 cup shredded firm cheese (cheddar, parmesan, pepper jack or gouda)
- - Salt & pepper
- - Coating topping of your choice (chopped pistachios, chives, tarragon, hulled pumpkin seeds, bacon and paprika, almonds, sesame seeds, walnuts, etc..)
- Mix together cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce.
- Add in lemon zest.
- Mix in your shredded cheese of choice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well until you have a creamy texture. I used my stand mixer and it worked out great!
- With moistened hands, form into 1 inch balls and chill for about 3-4 hours.
- After balls have chilled, roll in toppings. May then be kept in refrigerator until guests arrive.
- Have fun with a variety of toppings and cheese! Serve with crackers and pretzels