Easy Baked Pancake Muffins

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on YummlyGoogle+Tweet about this on TwitterEmail to someone

The ultimate grab & go breakfast!

Easy Baked Pancake Muffins - ---- Family Fresh Meals --

Baked Pancake muffins are a super fun way to eat pancakes. They offer the great grab & go convenience of a muffin, with the yummy flavors of a pancake.

Usually on Sundays I will make a couple tins of these yummy Baked Pancake Muffins. (….with some help from my favorite Family Fresh Meal helpers of course.)

Now this is when these pancake muffins get fun. MIX-INs!  The sky is the limit. Blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips, bacon, sausage and cheese, cinnamon sugar, raisins, nuts, etc..

Easy Baked Pancake Muffins - FamilyFreshMeals.com -Easy Baked Pancake Muffins

Make about 16-18 muffins

2 cups pancake mix
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup maple  syrup

optional mix-ins

1. Preheat oven to 350° Next, mix together pancake mix, milk, eggs and 1/2 cup of maple syrup.

Easy Baked Pancake Muffins - Step 1

2. Either spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or use muffin liners. Fill 2/3 of the way full.   If you are using the mix-ins, do so now. About 1/2 to 1 TB of a mix-in works great.

Easy Baked Pancake Muffins - Step 2

3. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted, comes out clean.

Easy Baked Pancake Muffins - FamilyFreshMeals.com ---

What are our favorites?

Easy Baked Pancake MuffinsBig D’s favorites are chocolate chips or bacon.

Little D and I LOVE the sausage and cheese.

Darryl’s favorite are the cinnamon sugar and the blueberry mix ins.

Have fun experimenting with different flavors! And if you find a delicious combo, please report back!

For storage:

You can refrigerate in a sealed container/bag for 3-4 days. To reheat, place in microwave or toaster oven.

For freezing: Once they are done baking and have cooled for 15-20 mins, place them on a cookie sheet and place in freezer for about 1-2 hours. Once frozen, you can throw them in a ziplock bag and return to the freezer for storage. When ready use,  remove desired amount of pancake muffins and reheat in either the microwave, toaster oven or the oven until warm.

Family Fresh Meals - Baked Pancake Muffins

Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!

Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D

Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!

4.9 from 28 reviews
Easy Baked Pancake Muffins
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Serves: 16-18
  • 2 cups pancake mix
  • ⅔ cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup maple syrup
  • optional mix-ins
  1. Preheat oven to 350° Next, mix together pancake mix, milk, eggs and ½ cup of maple syrup.
  2. Either spray muffin tin with nonstick spray or use muffin liners. Fill ⅔ of the way full. If you are using the mix-ins, do so now. About ½ to 1 TB of a mix in works great.
  3. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted, comes out clean.

Here is what I used to make these Easy Baked Pancake Muffins!

Click on image for details!

(affiliate links)

Join the family!

Subscribe to get the latest recipes delivered straight to your inbox!

Young Living Oils

Young Living Starter Kit

1. Shannon says

Just made a batch!! They are Delicious!! Have you frozen any of these and re-heated them? If so, how did they turn out? Any suggestions?

2. Stephanie says

Which pancake mix did you use? I currently have the kind you just add water…. should I buy the kind you add eggs to?

3. Fay says

I got a little creative and put applesauce, shredded sweetened coconut and almonds together. Sounds weird, but YUM! Also mixed together sugar and raisins.

So easy to make!

4. Courtney says

This sounds awesome I want to make a bunch for the week. Has anyone tried the pre-made pancake mix in the squeezable bottle?

5. Anya says

I like the idea cooking pancakes as muffins. Going to try it making my own batter – it’s silly to run to the shop for it when I do have flour and baking powder

6. Carissa says

So do I still add the eggs and everything if I am using the “complete” mix that just says to add water? I can’t wait to make these with my toddler.

7. meg says

these were a hit! made one batch with blueberries & raspberries and another batch with cheese and morning star “sausage” crumbles. toddler approved!

8. Haley says

These sound so good. My little girl is turning three this Saturday, and we’re having a brunch party. These pancake muffins sound perfect for desert. maybe ill make a maple glaze for the top…. yumm.

9. JennB says

We use Bisquick for our pancakes. Do you think that would work or should I buy some “pancake” specific mix?

10. Christine says

I made these this morning…amazed at how easy it was to mix them up and they baked beautifully. I didn’t tell my kids they were made from pancake mix, lest they want to pour syrup over them! Thanks for a great idea that I wish I’d thought of myself… : )

11. Kirsten Gumeson says

Love this idea – though, after I made them all up I realize…wait a minute, was I supposed to add to water to the pancake mix. Ugh… Next time..

• Lynn Marziale says

I have made these with gluten free pancake mix before and they turned out great!! Just follow directions on gf mix bag/box and bake like these directions…..they turned out perfect!

12. Stephanie S. says

Has anyone tried this with bisquick Gluten Free pancake mix? Did they turn out same?? :) this would be awesome for my 4yo daughter

• Mieke says

Hi Corey,
        I also make only homemade pancakes but was wondering if I still need to add the eggs like mentioned above as I already have quiet a lot of eggs in the recipe itself.

• Corey says

Sorry I should have been more specific. I would use the dry portion of your homemade mix. For mine that is the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.

• Priti says

Can you please give me exact measures for the pancake mix. I used to have them but cannot find them. Thanks a ton and can’t wait to try these muffins. Btw, when you add the sausage/bacon, would it taste sweet/salty??

Great work!!

13. Andrea says

Hi, My kids actually don’t like maple syrup. Do you think they would work without the syrup or maybe be too dry? Thanks.

14. Karyn says

I’m going to try this with tapioca flour and coconut flours for a grain free version. Should I aim for muffin or pancake batter consistency? Cheers :)

15. Linda Hodges says

Question. If you have the complete pan cake mix do you add both the water it calls for on the back and the milk that your recipe calls for or just the milk?

16. Judith says

if we don’t want to used a processed pancake mix, but want to use our ‘from scratch’ pancakes, how would we adapt this recipe??

• Corey says

I make this with my homemade mix (flour, baking powder, sugar and salt) all the time Judith. Make it the same way, using your homemade mix instead.

• Qudsia says

These sound great – just curious as to what your recipe for home made mix is? I use 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, 1 egg, pinch of salt and a bit of melted butter for flavour. What proportions do you use?

17. isla says

Sorry to a nuisance to ask but is there a recipe that does NOT use egg or milk as child has intolerance to both ? ! ! Thanks

• Patch says

You could use egg replacer (I find it at my natural foods store) to help with the consistency, and as for milk, I’ve used soy milk, almond milk, etc, in baking and while it’s a little different, it’s fine.

18. Leslie says

Has anyone tried these with a healthier flour – buckwheat, whole wheat, etc? Just wondering if you would have to have at least part white flour for them to be tasty.

• Laura says

I made these tonight with a buckwheat pancake mix…after folwong the recipe the batter was too thick to stir so I added a splash of milk but they still came out very dry. Will have to play around more.

• Corey says

I have never used buckwheat pancake mix Laura. Sounds yummy! That might have been why they turned out a little dry. Maybe adding some apple sauce would help?

19. Dawn says

These sound yummy! I most likely will use a mix like Bisquick, but if I were to get adventurous, may I ask, what is your homemade recipe?

20. says

Wow! You just made my day. :) Kind of a long story, but my van broke down the other weekend at Sam’s club. My husband was there by himself trying to take care of some things. I had asked him to stop by and get pancake mix for Saturday morning breakfast, and his only option was to buy it at Sam’s. Not sure I have to say anymore about the size of mix he brought home. I’ve been staring at that huge bag all month and wondering when we were going to ever have time to eat that many pancakes. Now I know! Thanks for posting this.

21. Jennifer says

I made these with Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Pancake & Waffle Mix and they turned out delicious. I cut the recipe in half and they turned out Greta, except they could have been a little more moist. I thin I might have measured wrong when cutting in half, so I am trying again with the full version. I am hoping they will be a little more moist… not sure what to add to make them more moist.

• Dawn says

Ok I had the trader joe pumpkin pancake mix as well so I am so glad you tried it first! Anyway to kick it up a notch I mixed some cream cheese with a little confectionery sugar and vanilla and added it to the middle before baking. Came out delicious and kept it moist. Kids loved the muffins and so easy!!

22. Fivekidzlater says

Thanks so much for this recipe! I am totally out of sugar and was searching for a recipe to make the kids snacks for school tomorrow. Yay pancake muffins! I had blueberries and chocolate chips in the freezer so I did half of each. They are great. This will be a repeat around here, I’m sure.

23. christine finnerty says

Loved. So easy. I took frozen strawberry-bananas and chopped them. worked great. sweet enough for kids but I would like a little sweeter for myself. next time maybe a little more syrup.

• christine finnerty says

Just a question. Now that its fall can you add canned pumpkin to recipe? If so how much do you think I should put in.

24. says

What can I use as a substitute for the maple sugar? Would any liquid work such as milk, juice, etc.? I have a diabetic grandson and we watch sugar so closely. Thank you.

25. Loved it says

I just made 1/2 batch , they turned out great!! I would add butter or bake with out paper liners and spray the pan, because they stick to the paper liner. Super easy and delicious, the kids loved it. They cooked in about 11 mins. so depending on you oven keep an eye!!

26. Rebecca says

I just made these with Trader Joe Gluten free pumpkin mix and worked great! I followed directions on box for mix, but instead of melted butter I used melted coconut oil. I also used coconut oil to grease muffin pan (no paper cups). Instead of stirring in maple syrup for the whole batch I only used it in some of them as a kind of topping, also used shredded coconut and nuts in some of them too. Yum!

27. becca l says

My son’s class is having ‘halloween breakfast’ and this would be perfect! Can’t wait to try them. Can I substitute corn syrup for the maple syrup? Don’t want to have to buy maple syrup if I don’t have to. Thank you!

28. Sarah says

Baking right now and smell delish! I used Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancake Mix, and mixed in the TJ’s Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds as my mix-in (was thinking of making a simple cream cheese frosting but don’t have the cream cheese). Can’t wait for them to come out of the oven. Thanks for the great idea!

29. Jenn says

I would love to try apple cinnamon but unfortunately I’m fresh out of apples and cinnamon. Can I add a package of apple cinnamon instant oatmeal?

30. solaira says

These have become a staple in my home. They are quick and easy to make. I use a homemade pancake mix. I’ve made them with fresh pumpkin from the farmers market. I’ve made them with every mix in you could imagine. I made a batch last night, and my 13 yr old ate 7 of them today. One day, I am going to experiment with alternative flours like almond and flax and alternative sugars like stevia so that I can enjoy them too.

31. Crystal says

These were the bomb! My two year old and 8 month old devoured them. It was a lot of fun to make them together in the morning

32. becky says

Could someone provide me with a recipe for these that includes a homemade pancake mix recipe? I’ve only ever made pancakes from scratch once before and can’t remember what to put in and the measurements. Looking for something simple. Thanks!

• solaira says

This is the homemade pancake recipe I use.

2 cups all purpose flour
      4 Tablespoons white sugar
      2 teaspoons baking powder
      1 teaspoon salt

There is supposed to be 1 teaspoon baking soda. I leave it out and nobody in my house is complaining about it.

Follow rest of recipe as stated above. This will net approximately 16 muffins.