Or otherwise known as rainbow in a bowl!
Our summer has been full of tons of yummy fresh salads and dressings! I can’t wait to share them all with you.
First up is the beautiful, flavor-packed Fiesta Chopped Salad.
My girls refer to this one as “The Rainbow Bowl!” Makes me giggle every time, but it’s true! Looks at all the fresh colors represented here.
Fresh eating could’t be easier.
NOTE: Feel free to substitute or omit any of the salad toppers if you aren’t a fan.
Fiesta Chopped Salad
(serves 2 large salads, or 4 smaller side salads)
4 cups of your favorite lettuce, washed, dried and roughly chopped ( I used romaine and butter lettuce)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup black beans
1 large avocado, roughly chopped
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped. ( for vegetarian version, substitute with extra black, pinto or garbanzo beans)
Recommended Dressing: Homemade Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing
1. Place lettuce on bottom of the bowl. Top with the remaining ingredients.
2. Drizzle 6-8 TB of dressing over salad. Toss and serve immediately
PS…. it also packs up great for lunch! Just squeeze some lemon juice over the avocado to prevent browning and pack dressing on the side. YUM!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 4 cups of your favorite lettuce, washed, dried and roughly chopped ( I used romaine and butter lettuce)
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 large avocado, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded or chopped.
- Place lettuce on bottom of the bowl. Top with the remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle 6-8 TB of dressing over salad. Toss and serve immediately