Did you know that May is National BBQ Month?
This post has been brought to you by Byron’s BBQ
I didn’t, but it makes sense when you think about it. After all, Memorial Day weekend is sort of the official start of summer, and the starting flag for grilling season. And that long weekend is the perfect time for pulled pork, because you’ve got plenty of time to cook that shoulder nice and slow over a low fire until it just falls right off the bone.
The only problem is, what if it rains? Or what if you just can’t wait for the long weekend, because you want pulled pork NOW?
The folks at Byron’s BBQ have come to the rescue with an authentic pulled pork that comes right in a package. It’s smoked over an open hardwood fire, coated in a sweet and spicy sauce, and then frozen to preserve the flavor without a bunch of unpronounceable chemicals.
So Byron’s BBQ has done all the work for you, and all you have to do is defrost it and heat it up. And there are a ton of choices for that, too…regular oven, convection oven, slow cooker. Oh, and of course, you can still do it on the grill if the weather turns out to be nice after all.
Here’s my favorite way to serve this pulled pork: on buns, with sliced cheddar and some yummy caramelized onions. Just pop them in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes so the cheese melts over everything and turns it into a tender, smoky, meaty ball of delicious.
So if Memorial Day weekend is cold and wet, or you’re just too busy to spend all day over a grill, no problem. You can still enjoy a great cookout or picnic the easy way, with help from Byron’s Pork BBQ!
You can find Byron’s Pork BBQ exclusively at your nearest Sam’s Club. Use this hand Sam’s Club Store Locator to find your closest store!
Baked BBQ Pork Sandwiches
2 cups Byron’s Pork BBQ, prepared according to package
6 bakery buns
6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup butter
1 small union, diced
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the bottom of your buns on the baking sheet. Top with a heaping 1/4 cup of Byron’s Pork BBQ.
2. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top.
3. Place bun tops on.
4. Over a medium heat, sauté onions in butter until onions begin to soften and brown. Mix in salt, pepper and brown sugar.
5. Pour butter/onion mixture over buns and bake for 10-15 mins until cheese has melted.
Happy BBQ Month!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 2 cups Byron BBQ Pork, prepared according to package
- 6 bakery buns
- 6 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup butter
- 1 small union, diced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place the bottom of your buns on the baking sheet. Top with a heaping ¼ cup of Byron's BBQ Pork.
- Place a slice of cheddar cheese on top.
- Place bun tops on.
- Over a medium heat, sauté onions in butter until onions begin to soften and brown. Mix in salt, pepper and brown sugar.
- Pour butter/onion mixture over buns and bake for 10-15 mins until cheese has melted.