Beef burgundy – better known by its French name, bouef bourginon – is one of the most intimidating recipes I’ve ever seen. Julia Child’s version, which you can see here, takes over four hours to make and has 25 different steps. Browning, deglazing, simmering, sautéing – just reading the recipe is exhausting, and actually making it sounds like as much work as running a marathon.
The thing is, this dish doesn’t have to be that complicated to make. If you start with a few prepared ingredients and cook it in the Crockpot, it practically makes itself.
My version of beef burgundy has only three steps. First, put the meat in the pot. Second, add the other ingredients on top. Third, turn on the pot – high if you want dinner in four to five hours, or low if you want to let it cook all day.
So it still takes several hours to cook, but they don’t have to be several of your hours. It can take care of itself while you go off and do something else. About half an hour before dinnertime, you can just stroll back into the kitchen and whip up some egg noodles to serve it over.
Maybe it’s not exactly classic French cuisine. But it’s a delicious meal that you don’t have to give up your whole day for.
Easy Crockpot Beef Burgundy
(Printable version at bottom of post)
1.5 lbs boneless beef round steak, cubed
1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
2 cups mushrooms sliced
1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
1 (10 .75 0z) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 package of egg noodles, prepared.
1. In a 5-6 qt crockpot, add in your cubed steak.
2. Sprinkle with dry onions soup mix. And the mushrooms, onion and garlic.
3. Pour wine, broth and Worcestershire sauce into crockpot. Top every thing with cream of mushroom soup. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours.
4. Serve over egg noodles.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1.5 lbs boneless beef round steak, cubed
- 1 (1 oz) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ cup red wine
- 1 (10 .75 0z) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package of egg noodles, prepared.
- In a 5-6 qt crockpot, add in your cubed steak.
- Sprinkle with dry onions soup mix. And the mushrooms, onion and garlic.
- Pour wine, broth and Worcestershire sauce into crockpot. Top every thing with cream of mushroom soup. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over egg noodles.