Need something to bring to that Cinco de Mayo party?
When I first created this recipe for BettyCrocker.com, I didn’t even have Cinco de Mayo in mind. Each week I love making a big batch of chex mix for after school snacks and to pack up in the kiddo’s lunches. To beat boredom of the same old flavors, I love experimenting with fun new combos. Well my friends, this fiesta-ready mix was an instant favorite!
My husband said, “Hey honey, this would be great to make for Cinco de Mayo.” Light bulb moment! DUH! You can always make this Crockpot Fiesta Ranch Chex Mix in the microwave or oven, but why not keep your house nice and cool and use your crockpot? It is a lifesaver in the summer!
Crockpot Fiesta Ranch Chex Mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups bite-size corn chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix, from 1-oz package
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix, from 1-oz package
- In slow cooker, place both cereals. Add pretzels and corn chips.
- In small bowl, stir together butter, taco and dressing mixes with whisk until well combined. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Cook uncovered on High heat setting 2 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet or tray; cool 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Need more ideas for your Cinco de Mayo feast? I’ve got tons of yummy ideas HERE!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D