Need something to bring to that Cinco de Mayo party?
Don’t know what to make for Cinco de Mayo? With only 7 pantry ingredients and your trusty crockpot, you can whip up this Crockpot Fiesta Ranch Chex Mix in no time!
When I first created this recipe for BettyCrocker.com, I didn’t even have Cinco de Mayo in mind. Each week I love making a big batch of chex mix for after school snacks and to pack up in the kiddo’s lunches. To beat boredom of the same old flavors, I love experimenting with fun new combos. Well my friends, this fiesta-ready mix was an instant favorite!
My husband said, “Hey honey, this would be great to make for Cinco de Mayo.” Light bulb moment! DUH! You can always make this Crockpot Fiesta Ranch Chex Mix in the microwave or oven, but why not keep your house nice and cool and use your crockpot? It is a lifesaver in the summer!
More recipes you might love!
Crockpot Fiesta Ranch Chex Mix
- 4 cups Corn Chex™ cereal
- 2 cups Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups small pretzel twists
- 2 cups bite-size corn chips
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons dry ranch dressing mix, from 1-oz package
- 2 teaspoons Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix, from 1-oz package
- In slow cooker, place both cereals. Add pretzels and corn chips.
- In small bowl, stir together butter, taco and dressing mixes with whisk until well combined. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Cook uncovered on High heat setting 2 hours, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spread mixture on cookie sheet or tray; cool 3 to 5 minutes before serving.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Post updated September 2020