What’s the best part of an Outback Blooming Onion?
Ever had the blooming onion at Outback Steakhouse?
I know Outback isn’t the only place that makes this appetizer, but their version is famous. It’s like a cross between an onion ring and a full-blown petunia. They turn one onion into this giant blossom that fills a whole plate. Each section of tender onion coated in crisp, fried batter sticks out from the center, ready to be pulled free.
And in the middle, there’s this cup of wonderful, zesty sauce that just takes the whole thing to the next level. Sure, the blooming shape is cool, but it’s the sauce that really makes it special.
Luckily, you don’t need to go to Outback Steakhouse to experience this flavor explosion. I’ve worked a little magic in my own kitchen and come up with a version you can easily whip up at home. The best part is, you don’t have to go to all the trouble of making the blooming onion to enjoy the sauce. It’s equally good with plain onion rings, French fries, or Tater Tots. It may not look as awesome on the plate, but it’s just as fantastic in your mouth.
Copycat Outback Blooming Sauce
1/3 cup mayo
2 Tablespoons sour cream
2 Tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
1 Tablespoon ketchup
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt.
1. Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let all those yummy flavors blend together.
2. Serve with your favorite onion rings, french fries or even tater tots!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily andSIGN UPto have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! JustCLICK HEREand enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons creamy horseradish sauce
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let all those yummy flavors blend together.
- Serve with your favorite onion rings, french fries or even tater tots!