Nothing holds a family together like a favorite family recipe. Sure, you can fight with your siblings, rebel against your parents, complain about your crazy aunts and uncles. But when you all sit down together to Grandma’s apple pie or chicken and dumplings, it doesn’t matter what your differences are—you’re a family.
One of our family’s treasured recipes is my grandma’s famous lasagna. It’s built around a rich, hearty meat sauce, brimming with ground beef and tomatoes. Cutting into that lasagna, and bringing that sauce bubbling to the top, always makes me feel close to my family no matter where they are.
Of course, I don’t exactly have time to make lasagna every day. But that’s okay, because with a few tweaks, Grandma’s sauce also works great over spaghetti. And since you can cook the sauce right in the Crockpot, the whole meal can come together in the time it takes to boil up the noodles.
I had to change the recipe a little bit, of course, because I can’t go giving away all my family’s secrets. But I promise you, this Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce is still meaty and delicious enough to earn a place in your family’s traditions.
Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
1 lb ground beef, browned
2-3 cloves of minced garlic
2 cans ((10.5 oz) ) diced tomatoes
1 small can (6oz) tomato paste,
1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 Tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Brown beef over a medium/high head. Using a slotted spoon to drain grease, place into a 4-5qt crockpot. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir to combine.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Serve over your favorite pasta!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 cans ((10.5 oz) ) diced tomatoes
- 1 small can (6oz) tomato paste,
- 1 small can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Brown beef over a medium/high head. Using a slotted spoon to drain grease, place into a 4-5qt crockpot. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Serve over your favorite pasta!