Chocolate makes everything better.
I think chocolate is one of those ingredients that make everything better, desserts, breakfasts, snacks, everything get’s instantly better if you add chocolate to it. Really just think about it for a second. Cookies? Cakes? Pancakes? Pretzels? I mean even potato chips can taste better with chocolate! So how about taking that magic ingredient and making some pancakes with it? MAGICAL! I’m not even kidding, the double chocolate chunk pancakes are beyond good.
You know when you taste something so delicious you become quite obsessed with it and want to make it for every meal? Well, that’s what happens after you try these double chocolate chunk pancakes. They are delicious for a weekend breakfast and they are even better for one of those dinners where everyone is craving easy to make comfort food.
Best of all they are really easy to make. You don’t actually need a lot of ingredients and you can get them done in 20 minutes. And yes, they are super customizable to fit everyone. For example, you could add some peanut butter to your toppings for a peanut butter cup pancake or some banana to include some fruit (and because bananas and chocolate are a delicious combo).
You can also add some strawberries for a decadent dessert, or just make it a chocolate lovers heaven by adding some Nutella and chocolate syrup.
Double Chocolate Chunk Pancakes
Printable recipe at bottom of post.
1 cup flour
¼ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ cup milk
1 large egg
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup cocoa powder
3 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Chunks (topping)
1. Whisk in the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract together. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated and there are no flour or cocoa powder pockets left.
2. To prevent sticking, I like to brush a nonstick pan with butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a skillet over medium heat and cook until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until golden brown. Repeat the process with the rest of the batter. Serve warm and enjoy.
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Double Chocolate Chunk Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate Chunks topping
- Whisk in the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla extract together.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated and there are no flour or cocoa powder pockets left.
- To prevent sticking, I like to brush a nonstick pan with butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a skillet over medium heat and cook until small bubbles form on top. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Take out of the heat and repeat the process with the rest of the batter. Serve warm and enjoy
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment