A chicken for every Instant Pot!
Apparently, one of the hottest gifts last Christmas was the Instant Pot (aff link). In case you didn’t happen to find one of these under the tree, it’s a pressure cooker that can make basically everything – meat, poultry, soups and stews, rice, even oatmeal – in record time. Better still, it’s programmable, so you can load up the pot and set it to have your meal on the table any time in the next 24 hours.
So, since so many people out there are now the proud owners of shiny new Instant Pots, I figured they could all use some new recipes for things to make in them. And here’s a great one to start out with: Flavorful Instant Pot Chicken Breast.
The pressure cooker is a great way to cook chicken. When you roast a chicken in the oven, you always have to keep an anxious eye on it to keep it from drying out. But a pressure cooker just seals in the juices, so it always comes out moist and tender.
And this particular Instant Pot chicken dish couldn’t be easier. All you have to do is put the chicken in the pot, season it, pour in some broth to provide the necessary liquid, seal it up, and push the “poultry” button. Seriously, that’s it!
When the valve releases, the chicken will be tender enough to shred with a pair of forks, so you can use it in any recipe that calls for shredded chicken. Or you can just slice it up and make some lovely, juicy chicken sandwiches. The choice is yours.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
1.5-2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Place chicken in your Instant Pot. Season both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
2. Pour in chicken broth.
3. Seal Instant Pot, making sure your valve is set to sealing. Press poultry button. ( if you do not. have the poultry setting, it is 15 minutes on HIGH pressure.) Once done, wait for Instant Pot to depressurize on it’s own, known as natural release.
NOTE: If you are wanting to use the “quick release” method, I suggest adding 5 extra minutes to the Instant Pot cooking timer. If you do this, once timer goes off, you can switch your valve to “venting” which will cause a faster release.
5. Place chicken on a cutting board and shred with 2 forks, OR slice chicken breast.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1.5-2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place chicken in your Instant Pot
- Season both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Seal Instant Pot, making sure your valve is set to sealing. Press poultry button. ( if you do not. have the poultry setting, it is 15 minutes on HIGH pressure.) Once done, wait for Instant Pot to depressurize on it's own, known as natural release.
- NOTE: If you are wanting to use the "quick release" method, I suggest adding 5 extra minutes to the Instant Pot cooking timer. If you do this, once timer goes off, you can switch your valve to "venting" which will cause a faster release.
- Place chicken on a cutting board and shred with 2 forks, OR slice chicken breast.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment