Sponsored post by Mirum. All opinions are my own.
There are only a few short weeks left of summer, and I’m determined to make the most of them. I’m cooking out on the grill as often as I can, and inviting friends over to share in the fun.
Now, as you know, I like to keep dinnertime as simple and stress-free as possible. And that goes double for a party, when I’d much rather be hanging out and having fun with my guests than messing around with the food.
So how do I feed a whole big crowd and still have time to enjoy the party? Simple – I get by with a little help from Hellmann’s! They’ve come up with a set of recipes and tools to get your backyard party cooking, without all the stress.
Here are my top five tips on how to let Hellmann’s help you throw the perfect backyard bash:
1. Pick up all your groceries ahead of time at Walmart. You’ll need ground beef, buns, lots of veggies, and of course, your Hellmann’s products – Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise in to 30-ounce jar and the 20-ounce squeeze bottle, and new Hellmann’s Real Ketchup to top your burgers. Walmart has all that, along with everything else you need for a party – drinks, paper products, even decorations. And their Online Grocery Pickup service makes it super easy to grab everything we need. Just send them your shopping list and set a time, and they’ll have everything all bagged up and ready to go when you arrive. One stop, no waiting – and they’ll even load it into the car for you.
2. Cook the best burger. And by the best burger, I mean Hellmann’s Best Burgers, made with Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise. Mix just a dollop into the beef before forming it into patties, and your burgers will come out extra juicy and flavorful, without a lot of extra fat. Then smear some more onto the bun before you add the burger, and top it with lettuce, tomato, onion, and Hellmann’s Real Ketchup. Both the ketchup and the mayo come in 20-ounce squeeze bottles to make serving easy.
3. Serve up your favorite side dish. Of course, everyone knows what my favorite side dish is: coleslaw! And Hellmann’s has a Classic Coleslaw recipe that’s just about perfect: shredded cabbage, carrot, and bell pepper, stirred up with a creamy dressing made from Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise with just a touch of sugar, salt, and lemon juice. You need a whole cup of mayonnaise for this dish, so don’t mess around with the squeeze bottle– just scoop it right out of that big 30-ounce jar. It’s lots easier.
4. Don’t forget the drinks! Try my collection of Skinny Margarita recipes, which let you indulge with less guilt. I’ve got four varieties to choose from: strawberry peach, lime sorbet, sunshine (orange, lime, and Cointreau), and a “super skinny” version with sparkling water to stretch it out. And for the kids, you can make any of these into a great soft drink by just leaving out the tequila.
5. Put on some great background music. Believe it or not, Hellmann’s can help you with this too, because these folks think of everything. They’ve set up a Pandora station called Backyard Fun that keeps the party rocking with a series of light, fun tunes just right for a casual cookout. If you don’t have one of those fancy little wireless speakers to play it on, just use this simple trick: put your phone in a bowl, or a big cup, with the speaker pointing down. The cup acts like a sounding board, effectively turning your playlist up to 11.
With food, drinks, and music all covered, your next summer get-together is sure to be a success. All you need is a clear summer evening and a few friends to enjoy it together.
Classic Creamy Cole Slaw
1 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
6 cups shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1. Combine Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in cabbage, carrots and green pepper. Chill, if desired.
- 1 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and salt in large bowl. Stir in cabbage, carrots and green pepper. Chill, if desired.
The Best Burger Recipe
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, divided
4 whole wheat hamburger buns or sesame seed hamburger buns
1/2 cup green leaf lettuce leaves, torn
1 medium red and/or yellow tomato, sliced
1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® REAL Ketchup
1/2 medium red onion, sliced
1. Combine ground beef with 1 Tbsp. Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
2. Grill or broil until cooked to desired wellness.
3. Spread bun bottoms with remaining Mayonnaise. Top with greens, tomatoes, hamburgers, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® REAL Ketchup, onions and bun tops.
- The Best Burger Recipe
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise divided
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup green leaf lettuce leaves torn
- 1 medium red and/or yellow tomato sliced
- 1/4 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® REAL Ketchup
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced
Combine ground beef with 1 Tbsp. Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise in bowl. Shape into 4 patties.
Grill or broil until cooked to desired wellness.
Spread bun bottoms with remaining Mayonnaise. Top with greens, tomatoes, hamburgers, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® REAL Ketchup, onions and bun tops.