The easiest Brussels sprout recipe you’ll ever love.
My campaign to improve the image of Brussels sprouts continues. So many people think they hate this vegetable because they’ve only ever tried the frozen kind, boiled and served plain (which is a terrible thing to do to any veggie). But fresh Brussels sprouts, cooked slowly for a long time, aren’t just edible – they’re delicious.
My first attempt to prove this was my Honey Bacon Brussels Sprouts, which are roasted in the oven and topped with bacon and a yummy honey balsamic-glaze. These are fantastic, but I realize not everyone has the time to devote to oven-roasting. If you’re doing anything complicated for a main dish, you just want to keep the veggies simple.
This Crockpot Brussels Sprouts recipe does that. It’s got all the balsamic-bacon goodness of my first recipe, but the Crockpot takes care of the cooking for you. You just season the sprouts, toss them in the crock, and let them cook away on their own while you attend to other matters. The sprouts will be tender and ready to go whenever you are.
Just dish them up, drizzle them with your balsamic glaze, sprinkle them with diced bacon – and watch your family go, “Really? These are Brussels sprouts?”
Crockpot Brussels Sprouts
2 pounds Brussels sprouts, rinsed and halved
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
6 slices of cooked bacon, diced
1. Add Brussels sprouts and butter to your crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours or until tender.
3. When the Brussels sprouts are done cooking, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and diced bacon.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Crockpot Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts rinsed and halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- balsamic glaze
- 6 slices of cooked bacon diced
- Add Brussels sprouts and butter to your crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2 hours or until tender.
- When the Brussels sprouts are done cooking, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and diced bacon
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment