A fast, easy meal bursting with tropical flavor.
The season of seafood continues! Yes, the springtime seafood sales are in full swing, and I’m definitely jumping at the chance to stock up on fishy treats at a price that’s actually affordable.
Of all the fish in the sea, shrimp are probably my favorite kind to cook with. They’re small, so they’re easy to use. They’re quick, cooking up in just minutes. And of course, they’re delicious.
So with all those delectable shrimp on offer, I just had to try out some new shrimp recipes. My best creation so far? This Easy Coconut Shrimp. It’s absolutely loaded with flavor, but it’s also super fast and easy – a perfect last-minute supper for those busy days.
The part of this meal that takes the longest is, no joke, making the rice. The shrimp themselves are done in a flash: five minutes to cook them through, and another five to simmer them in a pan with coconut milk, lime juice, cilantro, and Sriracha (or your favorite hot sauce).
In about ten minutes, you’ve got a main dish packed with tropical flavors: creamy coconut, tart lime, zingy cilantro, and a splash of heat. That leaves you another ten to set the table while you wait for that darn rice to finish cooking.
Easy Coconut Shrimp
2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups coconut milk
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped (reserve 1 Tablespoon for garnish)
1 Tablespoon Franks Hot Sauce
6 servings of white rice
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season well with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes per side.
2. Add coconut milk and lime juice to the pan.
3. Top with cilantro and Sriracha and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
4. Serve over white rice and garnish with cilantro.
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Easy Coconut Shrimp
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped (reserve 1 Tablespoon for garnish)
- 1 Tablespoon Franks Hot Sauce
- 6 servings of white rice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add shrimp and season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp turn pink, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add coconut milk and lime juice to the pan. Top with cilantro and Sriracha and stir to combine.Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Serve over white rice and garnish with cilantro.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment