A dinner kids will love to make…and eat.
I’m lucky that my kids aren’t really picky eaters. I’m not saying they’ll eat absolutely anything I put in front of them, but they like a pretty wide variety. And most of the time, when I try them on something new, it goes down without too much coaxing.
But I know a lot of other parents aren’t so lucky. So, I’d like to share my special trick for a dinner that I’m sure even the most finicky kid will eat without complaint: Chicken and Waffle Sliders.
Kid-wise, this meal has everything going for it. First, there’s the novelty of getting to eat waffles for dinner. Then, there’s the pairing of chicken with waffles, which is also new and exciting (at least if you’re not from the South). Also, you can eat it with your fingers, which kiddos just love.
And finally, this meal is so easy, kids can practically make it all by themselves. It has only three ingredients: frozen chicken nuggets, frozen mini waffles, and maple syrup. All you have to do is heat up the nuggets, toast the waffles, assemble them into sandwiches, and serve them with the maple syrup. And if anything will get kids excited about a meal, it’s cooking it themselves.
There’s no question this meal will please even the pickiest eaters. The only question is which they’ll love more: making it or eating it.
Chicken and Waffle Sliders
12 chicken nuggets
6 mini waffle sheets (4 each)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1. Cook your chicken nuggets according to package directions.
2. When they are cooked and cooling off, toast your mini waffles.
3. Have the kids help create “sandwiches” of the chicken and waffles. If serving, use toothpicks to hold the sliders together. Serve with maple syrup for a truly salty-and-sweet flavor combination.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Chicken and Waffle Sliders
- 12 chicken nuggets
- 6 mini waffle sheets 4 each
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Cook your chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- When they are cooked and cooling off, toast your mini waffles.
- Have the kids help create "sandwiches" of the chicken and waffles. If serving, use toothpicks to hold the sliders together. Serve with maple syrup for a truly salty-and-sweet flavor combination.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.