Everyone’s favorite soup, in casserole form.
On a cold night, there’s nothing quite like a nice, hot bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup. Those wide, chewy noodles…big chunks of chicken and veggies…rich, savory broth…put it all together, and it’s the ultimate comfort food.
But what do you do when winter is over? On a nice, warm spring evening, when the sun’s still out at dinnertime and the windows are open to let in the breeze, no one’s really in the mood for hot soup. So how do you get that same comfort without overheating yourself?
Easy! You just take that delicious homemade soup, and turn it into a casserole.
This Chicken Noodle Casserole has all the ingredients you love in a good chicken noodle soup, like shredded chicken, cooked egg noodles, and mixed veggies. But instead of cooking them up in broth, you mix them in a casserole dish with a rich, creamy sauce made from canned cream soup, half-and-half, and a touch of garlic and onion powder. Then you top it all with a mixture of panko break crumbs and parmesan cheese to give it a nice, crunchy crust.
After half an hour in the oven, you’ve got one-dish meal that’s warm and soothing without being boiling hot. It’s the perfect comfort food for spring, just as chicken noodle soup is for winter.
Chicken Noodle Casserole
2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
1 package frozen mixed vegetables (20 0z)
1 (10oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup half and half
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp oregano
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook the noodles to slightly al dente, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients except the panko and parmesan.
3. Add the cooked noodles to the mixture, and pour into a greased baking dish.
4. Sprinkle the panko crumbs over the top, and then follow with the parmesan cheese and a slight sprinkling of oregano if desired.
5. Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables - 20 oz
- 1 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook the noodles to slightly al dente, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients except the panko and parmesan.
- Add the cooked noodles to the mixture, and pour into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs over the top, and then follow with the parmesan cheese and a slight sprinkling of oregano if desired.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.