Do you want a gourmet appetizer that only requires
basic kitchen skills?
You are in the RIGHT place!
This appetizer is a fun one, because you can make it to your liking.
The base is cream cheese and a little goat cheese. From there you are able to add in any of your favorites.
I did salami, olives, roasted red peppers and garlic. Play around with different flavors. If you don’t like olives, replace them with sun-dried tomatoes or peppers.
Not a fan of goat cheese? Use full cream cheese I actually ended up making two of these baguettes.
One as shown and then a second one with the salami left out for my veggie hubby. I added a couple dashes of hot sauce to add a little spice to his (since that was missing with the salami omitted).
So really, the options are endless.
The appetizer will need to chill out in the refrigerator for AT LEAST 2 hours, and up to 2 days.
I love this, so I can make it aheadof time, and not have to worry about rushing around before guests arrive. Hope you enjoy! XO Corey
-baguette about 14 inches long (the one pictured is double that)
- 8oz of cream cheese brought to room temp
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1/4 cup each of green olives & black olives
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of chopped fire roasted peppers
- 1 tsp dried parsley (if you have fresh, do 1 TBSP)
- if you are doing salami, use about 1.5 oz (about 6 slices)
* remember, if you are not a fan of any of the above ingredients for the filling, substitute with things you like
Right before serving, slice the baguette into ½-inch thick slices and serve.
This is how the cool kids eat their stuffed baguettes
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on a FUN new meal or idea and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- -baguette about 14 inches long (the one pictured is double that)
- - 8oz of cream cheese brought to room temp
- - 4 oz goat cheese
- - ¼ cup each of green olives & black olives
- - 2 cloves minced garlic
- - 2 tbsp of chopped fire roasted peppers
- - 1 tsp dried parsley (if you have fresh, do 1 TBSP)
- - if you are doing salami, use about 1.5 oz (about 6 slices)
- * remember, if you are not a fan of any of the above ingredients for the filling, substitute with things you like
- Slice off both ends of the baguette. Next, slice baguette in half, making 2, 6 in baguettes. This will make it easier to hollow out and stuff.
- Using a long thin knife and working from both ends, hollow the baguette.
- Leave about ½-inch thick crust all around.
- Add the rest of the ingredients in to mixing bowl.
- Using an electric mixer/stand mixer, mix until well combined.
- Working again from the both ends, fill the baguette with the cheese mixture. Pack the filling tight.
- Wrap the stuffed baguette very well in plastic and refrigerate for at least two hours and up to two days.
- Right before serving, slice the baguette into ½-inch thick slices and serve.