This delightful recipe was inspired by last month’s Food Network Magazine. Best food mag ever, don’tcha’ think?!
This recipe has family friendly written all over it. Creamy, cheesy, goodness with a hint of smooth pumpkin and we have a WINNER! Did I mention it can be made in 4 simple steps. Add this keeper to your Fall line-up XO Corey
- 18 oz cheese tortellini
- 1 TB salted butter
- 1 small shallot, diced
- ½ Cup canned pumpkin
- ⅛ tsp of grated nutmeg
- 1 & ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional fresh parsley for topping.
- Cook tortellini as the label directions. Reserve ¼ cup of cooking water, then drain pasta. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat butter in a skillet and add shallots. Cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pumpkin and nutmeg and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in cream and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until thick, about 5-7 minutes. Stir in parmesan cheese and cook for 1 more minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked tortellini and reserved water to the pan and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!