Set it and forget it!
Summer grilling season is upon us and what goes better with a juicy burger or a flame grilled steak? Crockpot Caramelized Onions!
While you are at work all day, let your slow cooker roast up some of these delicious Crockpot Caramelized Onions. They will be all ready to top any grilling masterpiece you have in mind for that night. Perfect!
Since this recipe does make about 3 cups of onions, leftovers can be covered and refrigerated for up to a week or two and can be frozen up to 6 months. How awesome is that?! You’ll have beautiful Crockpot Caramelized Onions all ready to go next time you grill.
Here are some other fun ways to use your onions: Hot dog, brat, steak or hamburger toppers. Saute with green beans, brussels sprouts, potatoes or edamame . Baked potato or pizza topper!!! Drooling!!!!
Crockpot Caramelized Onions
5-6 large regular yellow onions
1/2 cup butter, (do not use margarine )
1. Start by peeling onions and cutting them int o large slices.
2. Place onions in cooker and place pads of butter on top.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 hours, until onions are dark brown and caramelized.
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 5-6 large regular yellow onions
- ½ cup butter, (do not use margarine )
- Start by peeling onions and cutting them int o large slices.
- Place onions in cooker and place pads of butter on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 hours, until onions are dark brown and caramelized.