I know, I know…it sounds too good to be true!
What’s you favorite appetizer? Mine would have to be jalapeno poppers. I love how one food can be crunchy, creamy and a tad bit spicy all in one bite.
Wouldn’t it be fun to have jalapeno poppers not just as an appetizer, but for a main dinner dish? Well, now you can.
I created these Slow-Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwiches for Betty Crocker that have combined my love for pulled chicken and the zesty flavor of jalapeno poppers into one beautiful sandwich.
And YES, these Slow-Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwiches taste as amazing as they look!
So stop drooling and and get to cooking! There are more pictured instructions over in my post at Betty Crocker if you would like to check that out HERE.
READY FOR SOME MORE EASY CROCKPOT RECIPES?
- Crockpot Chicken and Gravy – a classic
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup – full of yummy veggies
- Beef Tips – family favorite
- Crock pot BBQ Chicken – fan favorite!
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Stuffing – a whole meal in one!
- Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs – a great appetizer or meal
- Crockpot Detox Soup – a super healthy meal
Slow-Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 can 10.5 oz Muir Glen™ diced tomatoes, undrained
Toasted Bacon Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 slices diced cooked bacon
- 2/3 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
Buns and Optional Topping
- 4-5 large buns
- 1/2 cup pickled sliced jalapeño chiles if desired
- In bottom of 6-quart slow cooker, place chopped onion; top with chicken breast. Season chicken with salt.
- Pour salsa verde and diced tomatoes on top of chicken. Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks. Set slow cooker to lowest setting, and cover until ready to assemble sandwiches.
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add diced bacon and bread crumbs, stirring 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In another 1-quart saucepan, heat Cheese Sauce ingredients over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- On large buns, layer pulled chicken, cheese sauce, toasted bacon bread crumbs and pickled sliced jalapeño chiles.