A classic Korean dish made easy.
Once again, I’ve worked out a way to make a complicated recipe simpler by cooking it in the Crockpot. This time, it’s pork bulgogi – a delicious Korean dish made with tender pork in a sweet and spicy marinade.
The traditional way to make this has a bunch of steps. First you have to slice the pork super thin, then mix up the marinade and knead it into the meat, and then let it soak in for a few hours before cooking it quickly in a hot pan.
But why go to all that trouble? Cooking the meat slowly, in the Crockpot, gets it falling-apart tender without all that extra work. All you have to do is whisk together the sauce, load it in the crock with the pork, and let it simmer for seven hours. The sauce soaks right into the meat, and the texture just melts in your mouth.
Traditionally, you just serve this with scallions, but if you want to bulk up the meal with some extra veggies, you can throw some chopped carrots in the pot an hour before serving. Then you don’t need to mess with a side vegetable, which makes this easy meal even easier.
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
Crockpot Korean Pork
2 lbs boneless pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
salt and pepper to taste
4 large carrots, chopped (these are totally optional)
½ cup gochujang (Korean chili paste) or chili garlic sauce
½ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sake or white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons green onion, diced
1. Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
2. Pour a little of the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with pieces of pork and the remaining sauce. Cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4 hours. If adding carrots, do so 1 hour before you’re ready to eat.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Crockpot Koren Pork
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops trimmed of excess fat
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large carrots chopped (these are totally optional)
- ½ cup gochujang Korean chili paste or chili garlic sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons green onion diced
- Season the pork with salt and pepper. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- Pour a little of the sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with pieces of pork and the remaining sauce. Cook on low for 7 hours, or high for 4 hours. If adding carrots, do so 1 hour before you’re ready to eat.