As you all know, I absolutely love dips. I think they’re the perfect food for a party. I have all kinds of dip recipes, from savory to sweet and healthy to…not quite so healthy.
But if I had to choose one dip as my absolute favorite, I think I’d have to go with this Beer Dip. It’s a zesty, creamy mix of cheese and beer that is always the first dip to disappear from the party spread.
One day I got to thinking that the only thing that could possibly make this dip any better would be to serve it hot. The only problem is, taking a hot dip to a party is a bit of a hassle, because you need something to keep it hot in.
So I tinkered around with the idea, and I hit on the perfect solution: bake the dip into a loaf of bread! Then you can just wrap that hot loaf up in foil and tote it along to the party. And, since we’re heating it up anyway, why not make it extra indulgent and melt some mozzarella cheese on top?
I think this Beer Dip Stuffed Bread is, if I dare to say it, even better than the original Beer Dip. With the dip baked inside the bread, it’s like a dip and dipper all in one. Instead of scooping up dip onto your plate and then dipping your munchies into it, you can just grab a slice and chow down.
Beer Dip Stuffed Bread
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. I used an electric stand mixer to mix up the dip. Feel free to mix by hand…. you will burn many more calories, which means you can eat more beer dip 🙂 Start by placing the 2 bricks of cream cheese in your mixing bowl. Pour about 5 oz a beer into the bowl.
2. Next add your 2 cups of cheddar cheese and ranch mix. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 1 french bread loaf
- ½ of a bottle of your favorite beer (about 5 oz)
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 (8oz) bricks of cream cheese
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. I used an electric stand mixer to mix up the dip. Feel free to mix by hand…. you will burn many more calories, which means you can eat more beer dip Start by placing the 2 bricks of cream cheese in your mixing bowl. Pour about 5 oz a beer into the bowl.
- Next add your 2 cups of cheddar cheese and ranch mix. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, make a cut into the top of the bread loaf to begin hollowing it out. Cut along the length to the ends, leaving a generous inch around the edges of the bread. Begin removing the inside of the bread, but careful not to go too far down.
- After removing the bread, place the prepared bear dip in the hollowed area. Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese, being sure to cover all areas.
- Bake in the oven on a parchment lined baking pan for approximately 15- 20 minutes or until it’s heated through and the cheese is melted. If the cheese is not browned to your liking, feel free to broil it a bit until it reaches the brownness that you prefer.
- Let the loaf sit for approximately 10 minutes after if comes from the oven to help it set. Slice and enjoy!