A spiffy side to jazz up any meal.
Because I’m a busy mom (what other kind is there?), I have lots of recipes that can be put together quickly. There are easy Crockpot meals that you can assemble in a few minutes and let them cook all day, and sheet pan dinners that you can cook on a single pan.
But sometimes, even that’s not quick enough. Sometimes, when everyone is on a tight schedule, you have to get dinner ready now –which usually means settling for something simple like a pot of spaghetti.
I always feel a little bad about those kinds of dinners, because there’s nothing special about them. But honestly, when you’re that pressed for time, how can you possibly add any special touches?
Here’s your answer: Parmesan Garlic Knots. They look fancy, they taste fancy, but they’re actually super fast and easy to make. They start with refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, so there’s no mixing involved; all you have to do is cut them up, coat them with butter and seasoning, twist them up, and bake them. You can do all the prep work in the time it takes a pot of water to boil, and have them out of the oven by the time the spaghetti is cooked.
These cute little dinner rolls can turn a last-minute meal into something truly special. And they’re classy-looking enough to complement a fancier dinner, too, without adding to your cooking time.
Parmesan Garlic Knots
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (16-ounce) tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, parsley and salt; set aside.
3. Cut each biscuit in half, making 16 pieces.
4. Roll each piece into a 5-inch rope, that are about 1/2-inch thick, and tie into a knot, tucking the ends.
5. Place knots onto the prepared baking sheet and brush each knot butter mixture, reserving half for after baking.
6. Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
7. Serve immediately, brushed with remaining butter mixture.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Parmesan Garlic Knots
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce tube refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, parsley and salt; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit in half, making 16 pieces. Roll each piece into a 5-inch rope, that are about 1/2-inch thick, and tie into a knot, tucking the ends.
- Place knots onto the prepared baking sheet and brush each knot butter mixture, reserving half for after baking.
- Place into oven and bake until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately, brushed with remaining butter mixture.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Leave a Comment