Easiest spooky dessert ever.
Two of my favorite things in the whole world are holidays and desserts. So, needless to say, I really love making special holiday-themed desserts. From Creamy Peppermint Dip for Christmas to Jello Firecrackers for the Fourth of July, I’ve sweetened up the entire year.
But the holiday I have the most fun with just might be Halloween. The desserts I make for Halloween aren’t just festive, they’re spooky, dressed up as ghosts and monsters with little googly eyes.
The only problem is, I was starting to run out of ideas. I’d already spooked up cupcakes, doughnuts, and even hot cocoa, and I was having trouble thinking of new things to try. And then it hit me: Duh, I’d never done a Halloween Oreo dessert!
Once I had the idea, actually making them was incredibly simple. I just spattered a bunch of regular Oreos with red icing from a tube to look like bloodstains, then sprinkled them with my favorite candy eyes. And bam, spooky cookies!
If you’re looking for a Halloween-themed dessert you can make in minutes, these Spooky Halloween Oreos are just about perfect. They have the three key features of Halloween – dressing up, blood and gore, and lots of sugar – all in one. What’s not to love?
Spooky Halloween Oreos
1. Lay Oreos out on a cookie drying sheet.
2. Splatter, drop and drip the solid and gel decorating gel to create creepy blood splatter marks on each cookie.
3. Select a couple cookies to have 1 or 2 eyes! EEK! Let frosting dry before serving.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Here are some other recipe you will LOVE!
Spooky Halloween Oreos
- Package of Oreos
- candy eyes aff link
- solid red decorating frosting aff link
- red gel decorating frosting aff link
- Lay Oreos out on a cookie drying sheet.
- Splatter, drop and drip the solid and gel decorating gel to create creepy blood splatter marks on each cookie.
- Select a couple cookies to have 1 or 2 eyes! EEK! Let frosting dry before serving.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.