An easy dish full of fiesta flavor.
There’s something magical about the combination of cilantro and lime. You can add it to pretty much anything and make it taste like a fiesta.
Add this combo to plain old rice, and you’ve got a zesty Mexican side dish. Stir it into a homemade ranch dressing, and it turns plain old greens into a zingy Southwestern salad. Coat your chicken wings in it, and it makes a fabulous party appetizer.
But until now, I’d never used this pairing in a main dish. Clearly, this had to be fixed.
This Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken combines the magic of cilantro and lime with chicken breast, black beans, tomatoes, corn, and Mexican spices to make a one-pot meal bursting with south-of the-border flavor. And it could hardly be easier to make: just load all the ingredients into your Crockpot, give them a good stir, and let them cook for four hours on high or six to seven on low.
Come dinnertime, all you have to do is shred the chicken with a pair of forks and serve it up with your favorite Mexican toppings. It makes a great filling for tacos, or you can just serve it in a bowl over rice. Either way, it will make any weekday dinner feel like fiesta time.
How To Make Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
fresh cilantro leaves
Place chicken in your crockpot, and season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cumin and chili powder over top of chicken.
Top with beans, diced tomatoes, corn, salsa, onion, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
Mix ingredients to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6-7 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks and serve! Garnish with avocado, lime slice, sour cream and touch of salsa.
- Got leftovers? Make sure to pack them up for lunch. Here are 2 options!
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
TOOLS USED FOR THIS CROCKPOT CILANTRO LIIME CHICKEN
Lunchbox: Here are the lunch boxes I used for this lunch.
Slow Cooker: This is one of the crockpots I love to use!
Measuring Cups/Spoon: Each cup’s “ml” and cup sizes have passed clearly engraved marking, and you can quickly identify the cup scale according to the color of the handle.
Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 15 oz can black beans drained and rinsed
- 10 oz can Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Place chicken in your crockpot, and season well with salt and pepper. Sprinkle cumin and chili powder over top of chicken.
- Top with beans, diced tomatoes, corn, salsa, onion, garlic, lime juice, and cilantro.
- Mix ingredients to combine. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours, or LOW for 6-7 hours. Shred chicken with 2 forks and serve! Garnish with avocado, lime slice, sour cream and touch of salsa.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.