This light, easy Italian dish is perfect for warm weather. It’s like a trip to the Mediterranean, but a lot easier on the budget.
This post is sponsored by Mirum, but opinions expressed are my own.
Hooray, it’s finally spring! Now that the warm weather is here to stay, we’re busier than ever. The kids have their sports and outdoor activities, and we’re spending lots of free time on yard work, getting the garden looking spiffy for all the summer get-togethers that are just around the corner. With all that going on, it’s a challenge to get everyone together around the table for dinner. But I hate to lose the dinner hour, because it’s our best chance to be time together as a family and get caught up on each other’s lives.
Fortunately, I’ve got my trusty Make Meals That Do More recipes. These simple recipes use products from Knorr, Hellmann’s, and Lipton Recipe Secrets to make healthy, satisfying meals that come together in minutes. That saves me time in the kitchen, so I can spend it on what’s really important – spending time with my family.
This week, for instance, I made this One Pot Italian Chicken Rice. This is a nice, light recipe that’s perfect for springtime, with chicken breast, fresh asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes. But the real secret ingredient is Knorr Rice Sides Chicken Rice – a tasty blend of rice, pasta, and a well-seasoned sauce, all in one package.
Using this rice blend makes the whole recipe incredibly easy. You cook the chicken first, then just cook the rice the way it says on the package, stirring the veggies in when it’s got five minutes to go. Add the chicken and sprinkle on a little Parmesan, and presto – a quick, budget-friendly meal that the whole family will love. The blend of Italian flavors brings the sunny Mediterranean to mind – which feels perfect with this warm weather.
To make this recipe even easier, you can pick up all the ingredients with the Grocery Pick-Up service at your local Walmart. Just shoot your shopping list over to the store, then head on over in the car – they’ll have everything bagged up and ready to go for you. Check the website to see if it’s available in your area. No running all over the store to find stuff, no impulse purchases that somehow find their way into your cart, no waiting in line at the checkout. They’ll even load it into the car for you!
One Pot Italian Chicken Rice
1 Tbsp. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® Spread
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor
12 ounces thin asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a large skillet, melt butter spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
2. Prepare Knorr® Rice Sides™ – Chicken flavor in same skillet according to package directions, stirring in asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
3. Next, add in chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
One Pot Italian Chicken Rice
- 1 Tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor
- 12 ounces thin asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter spread in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook chicken, stirring frequently, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Prepare Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor in same skillet according to package directions, stirring in asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Next, add in chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.