Ready when you are.
I love sitting down with the whole family to a big, hearty breakfast. A hot, delicious meal like my Breakfast Lasagna Casserole really gets the day off to a special start.
Unfortunately, on a weekday morning, there’s absolutely no time for that. We’re all racing to get up and dressed and out the door, and sometimes we don’t have time to sit down to breakfast at all. The best we can do is grab something to eat in the car.
But I refuse to settle for feeding my kids a greasy breakfast sandwich in a little foil package. Even if they have to eat breakfast on the go, I want it to be a real breakfast.
These Strawberry Honey Overnight Oats are the perfect solution, because you set them up the night before. You just load up a jar with old-fashioned oats, Greek yogurt, sliced strawberries, chia seeds, milk, and a little honey for taste. Then just put the lid on, and let it sit.
Overnight, the milk soaks into the oats and plumps up the chia seeds, turning your whole mixture into a creamy parfait that’s ready to grab and go. You don’t even need to heat it up – just top it off with a little more milk, grab a spoon, and hit the road.
STRAWBERRY OVERNIGHT OATS
makes 2 parfaits
2 Cups Strawberries, fresh, sliced
1 1/4 Cups Plain Greek yogurt
¾ Cup Old fashioned oats
2 tsp Chia Seeds (optional)
¼ C Milk (I love Cashew Milk, but Almond, Coconut, or regular milk will do)
3 Tbsp Honey
Extra milk for topping up
1. Combine the yogurt, oats, chia seeds, milk and honey together. Mix well.
2. Spoon ½ of the mixture evenly into 2 mason jars. Spoon the strawberries to the rest of the way. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight.
3. In the morning, top the jars with the remaining strawberries if desired, and top up with milk and enjoy!
More Yummy Breakfast Recipe
Strawberry Honey Overnight Oats
- 2 Cups Strawberries fresh, sliced
- 1 1/4 Cups Plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ Cup Old fashioned oats
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds optional
- ¼ Cup Milk I love Cashew Milk, but Almond, Coconut, or regular milk will do
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- Extra milk for topping up
- Combine the yogurt, oats, chia seeds, milk and honey together. Mix well.
- Spoon ½ of the mixture evenly into 2 mason jars. Spoon the strawberries to the rest of the way. Put the lid on and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top the jars with the remaining strawberries if desired, and top up with milk and enjoy!
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.