Make your crockpot slave all night.
Check out how!
What can I say, I’m on a roll with my crockpot! This breakfast recipe is the BEST! You wanna know why?
Well, you put all the ingredients in before you go to bed, set your crockpot and wake up to a kitchen bursting with heavenly smells, and a warm, hardy meal. No fuss, just scoop onto a plate with a side of fresh fruit, and you have yourself a beautiful breakfast.
Here are my suggestions. When the casserole was done, I wish I had added a bit more salt and pepper. So my suggestion is to add salt and pepper to taste on each hash brown layer. Nothing crazy… just a pinch of each to season each layer. Go light, because you can always add more when you serve it.
Also, feel free to play around with the meats. Use bacon, sausage, ham…or heck.. ALL THREE! hehe. The vegetarian bacon I used was great and I can’t wait to try a sausage one next.
Hope you enjoy!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on a FUN new meal or idea and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Here is what I used to make this YUMMY breakfast!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs of hash brown potatoes. (you can use frozen hash browns, just cook for 8-9 hours, instead of the 7-8)
- 1 lb of bacon or veggie Morning Star bacon- cooked, drained and cut into pieces. (feel free to substitute with your favorite breakfast meat..sausage, ham, etc)
- ½ cup onions – diced
- 3 cups cheddar cheese – shredded
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt & ½ tsp of pepper (I am recommending an additional pinch of salt and pepper for each layer of hash browns)
- Beat 12 eggs until well blended.
- Next, beat in milk and garlic powder, mustard, 1 tsp salt & ½ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Layer potatoes (I suggest to season each potato layer to taste…..a small pinch of salt and pepper) and sprinkle ⅓ of the onions.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the bacon.
- Last but not least, top with 1 cup of cheese.
- Repeat this layering 2 more times to have a total of 3 layers….ending with cheese.
- Take your egg mixture and pour over layers. For refrigerated hash browns, cook for 6-7 hours on low. For frozen hash browns, cook for 7-8 hours on low or until eggs are set.