Moms, I know you’ll hear what I’m saying: kids and veggies don’t always get along.
Yeah, my kids love most vegetables and will sometimes eat them happily, with no sauce or anything. But frankly, sometimes they need a little encouragement.
One of the best ways I know to make veggies go down easier is to mix them with fruit. Since fruit is healthy too, a mixed veggie-fruit salad is something I can feel good about giving my girls…and since it tastes sweet and delicious, it’s something they’ll actually be happy to eat.
One of the best fruit-and-veggie salads I know is the carrot raisin salad from Chick-Fil-A. You know, with the shredded carrot and raisins and pineapple, all in this sort of creamy, tangy-sweet dressing?
But I can’t exactly go out to Chick-Fil-A every time I want to feed my kids some veggies, so I did a little experimenting and whipped up my own copycat version. Turns out, it’s not that hard – the only part that takes time is grating all those carrots. And the way my girls gobble it down makes it well worth the effort.
This salad isn’t about to replace coleslaw in my heart – but it comes in a close second.
Copycat Chick Fil A Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe
(printable recipe at bottom of post)
4 cups carrot, shredded
2 cups pineapple chunks, cut into small piece
1 cup raisins
1 cup mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon sugar or honey
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Drain any excess liquid from the carrots.
2. Drain the can of pineapple and cut them into a small dice.
3. Add the raisins and mix everything well. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, salad dressing, sugar and salt. Mix well and pour on top of the carrots. Combine everything until it’s well incorporated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
- 4 cups carrot, shredded
- 2 cups pineapple chunks, cut into small piece
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon sugar or honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Drain any excess liquid from the carrots.
- Drain the can of pineapple and cut them into a small dice.
- Add the raisins and mix everything well. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, salad dressing, sugar and salt. Mix well and pour on top of the carrots. Combine everything until it’s well incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 30mins.