This protein packed salad is easy AND healthy. What more could you ask for?
Thanks to my vegetarian hubby, you will always find chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in our pantry. They are a super source of protein and go well with so many things. This Easy Chickpea Salad Recipe is a lunchtime favorite, so I thought I would share it with all you lovelies 🙂
My entire family LOVES olives, but I know that some folks out there do not share this love 🙂 Not a fan of olives? Substitute in diced tomatoes and cucumbers. Both versions are equally Delicious! Packed in our EasyLunchboxes Brights: Easy Chickpea Salad packed with a sandwich, yogurt, baked chips and fruit leather.
Easy Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 4 oz can of sliced black olives (or 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup of sliced green olives
- 2 TBS of Italian Dressing/vinaigrette
- 1/4 tsp of salt-free Mrs. Dash or any all salt-free all purpose seasoning
- Place all ingredients into a bowl, and mix until well combined. I think it is easiest to place all ingredients in to a Tupperware and shake. (as shown in the picture). Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. And look how easy is it to pack for lunch!
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Post updated August 2020
Do you need more lunchbox ideas? Check these out!
- Low Carb Sandwich Lunchbox Idea
- Avocado Shrimp Keto Lunchbox Idea
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Lunchbox Ideas