This post has been brought to you by Daily Chef Casa Di Bertacchi.
It’s football season, baby!
Baseball may be America’s Pastime, but football is America’s obsession. From now until the Super Bowl, we’re either watching The Game, or talking about the last one, or thinking about the next one.
Maybe we love it so much because it’s such a social activity. We don’t just sit at home watching The Game; we have a few friends over and watch it all together. It’s like a party every weekend.
And what’s a party without finger food?
Casa Di Bertacchi has made it easy to whip up game-day goodies in a jiffy. Like these Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs, for instance. The meatballs are ready made, so all you have to do is load them into the crockpot with some onions, peppers, garlic, pineapple, and a nice, tangy sauce. Start ‘em up in the morning, and they’ll be ready in time for a 1pm kickoff.
So if you’re a life-and-death fan who knows that your team’s hopes for victory depend on you staying TOTALLY FOCUSED on the game, no worries: you’ve got a meal you can eat with one hand. And if you’re a more casual supporter who’s just there for the company, then no matter who wins, you can still enjoy the meatballs.
Go grab a pack of Casa Meatballs at a Sam’s Club near you!
Sweet and Sour Crockpot Meatballs
2 lb frozen Casa Meatballs
1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserve 1/2 cup juice
2 medium bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 (9oz) jar sweet and sour sauce
1. Place meatballs, pineapple chunks, bell pepper, and onion into the crockpot.
2. In a small bowl, mix together garlic, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over meatballs and mix together. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for the family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 2 lb frozen Casa Meatballs
- 1 (20 oz) can pineapple chunks in juice, reserve ½ cup juice
- 2 medium bell peppers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 (9oz) jar sweet and sour sauce
- Place meatballs, pineapple chunks, bell pepper, and onion into the crockpot.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, soy sauce, sweet and sour sauce and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over meatballs and mix together. Cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.