There are two things most kids really love for breakfast: waffles, and sweet cereals. Not long ago, I discovered that I could combine these two breakfast favorites in one by making Froot Loop Waffles – which are just like regular waffles, but with ¾ cup of the crushed cereal blended in.
This new breakfast recipe was such a hit, I got to wondering whether the same trick could work with other kinds of cereal, too. So I did a little experimenting and came up with a new version that I like even better than the first: Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles.
Cinnamon toast and waffles are a match made in heaven. I’ve even made cinnamon roll waffles, which are totally decadent and delicious. But this is a much lighter way to combine the flavors of these two breakfast classics, so you can enjoy it any day of the week without guilt. And it’s just as easy to make as the original Froot Loop Waffles.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles are delicious topped with fresh fruit (strawberries are especially good) or maple syrup. Or both, because why not?
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Waffles
2 cups of all-purpose flour
¾ cup of crushed cereal
1 teaspoon of salt
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1 tablespoon of sugar
2 cups milk
1/3 cup of melted butter
1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl add in dry ingredients, mix together.
2. In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl.
3. Add in ¼ cup of waffle mix to iron, cook until waffles are golden and done.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of crushed cereal
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla (optional)
- Preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl add in dry ingredients, mix together.
- In another bowl, whisk wet ingredients together. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients bowl.
- Add in ¼ cup of waffle mix to iron, cook until waffles are golden and done.