Your ticket to fajitas in no time flat.
A few years ago, I came up with this recipe for Easy Crockpot Fajitas. It’s super easy to make, because the Crockpot does most of the work. Put in the meat, veggies, and spices in the morning, and you have everything ready to roll up in a tortilla by dinnertime.
There’s only one catch: it takes all day to cook. It’s great for days when you want start dinner in the morning and get it out of the way, but it’s not much help on those days when you get home late and everyone’s starving and you want dinner NOW.
Fortunately, now I have my Instant Pot. It can cook up a fajita dinner just as easily as the Crockpot, but a lot faster. Just throw in some chicken breast, water, veggies, and seasonings, and let it cook for ten minutes at high pressure while you get the table set with tortillas and all your favorite toppings.
Then release the pressure, slice up the chicken, and presto – your fabulous fajita dinner is served. The whole dish takes maybe 20 minutes from start to finish.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
2 lbs chicken breasts
½ cup water
1 packet of fajita seasoning (you can use taco seasoning if you cannot find this)
2 cloves minced garlic
3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow), sliced
1 large onion, sliced
optional 1 TB hot sauce if you want a little KICK!
corn or flour tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese
guacamole or avocado slices
1. Place the chicken breasts with ½ cup water into the Instant Pot and sprinkle with seasoning and garlic.
2. Add the bell peppers and onions on top. Lock lid and close the steam valve on top.
3. Press the Manual button and adjust time to 15 minutes on high pressure OR use your poultry setting button.
4. When Instant Pot beeps, do a quick release by moving the valve to vent. Slice or shred chicken and serve on tortillas with peppers and onions!
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- ½ cup water
- 1 packet of fajita seasoning you can use taco seasoning if you cannot find this
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 bell peppers 1 red, 1 green, 1 yellow, sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- optional 1 TB hot sauce if you want a little KICK!
- corn or flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- guacamole or avocado slices
- Place the chicken breasts with ½ cup water into the Instant Pot and sprinkle with seasoning and garlic.
- Add the bell peppers and onions on top. Lock lid and close the steam valve on top.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 15 minutes on high pressure OR use your poultry setting button.
- When Instant Pot beeps, do a quick release by moving the valve to vent. Slice chicken and serve on tortillas with peppers and onions!
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.