One of my dear friends Maria has had a remarkable weight loss and body transformation over the past year. A couple weeks ago, I got to see her for the first time in a couple months, and her jaw-dropping transformation blew my mind. I of course drilled Maria for all of her secrets.
Besides working out like a beast and eating healthy, she has a phenomenal trainer, Irene, that she sees every week. This awesome recipe came from Irene. Maria said she swore by these power muffins….easy to make, low calorie, protein packed, filling, AND delicious.
I HAD to give them a try. She was right! I have been making a batch of these every week to have in the morning, or before workout sessions. I love everything about them. Thanks Irene!
Here is what you need:
(makes 12 muffins)
– 2 cups dry oatmeal
– 2 scoops protein powder vanilla
– 2 bananas
– 4 egg whites
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp cinnamon
Try adding 1 cup of these fun add-ins: almonds, walnuts,raisins or craisins
I also added in 1 tbsp of chia seed.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Divide mixture into muffin pan (making 12 muffin) and bake for 12-15
- 2 cups dry oatmeal
- 2 scoops protein powder vanilla
- 2 bananas
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Try adding 1 cup of these fun add-ins: almonds, walnuts,raisins or craisins
- I also added in 1 tbsp of chia seed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together.
- Divide mixture into muffin pan (making 12 muffin) and bake for 12-15
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Here is what I used to make these power muffins! XO Chef Corey