Don’t you love the avocado egg rolls at Cheesecake Factory? Well, now you can make Copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls at home.
This scrumptious vegetarian appetizer rolls together avocado, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and cilantro—kind of like guacamole in a crisp egg-roll wrapper. And it comes with a zesty cashew-tamarind dipping sauce that makes those fresh flavors pop.
For my copycat version, I used fresh lime juice and honey in the sauce. These ingredients provide the same sweet-tart flavor as the tamarind paste and are a lot easier to find. Add garlic, cumin, green onion, and cilantro, and you’ve got a festive flavor party that sets off the crisp, savory egg rolls to perfection.
- Keep the oil temperature as even as possible. When you add the egg rolls, the temperature will drop so you may need to adjust the heat throughout cooking.
- I like to use sundried tomatoes that are stored in oil with herbs – they have a lot of flavor and they are tender and easy to integrate into recipes.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Fried egg rolls can be warmed in the microwave or an air fryer, but the egg roll wrapper is best when it is crispy straight out of the frier.
Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all of the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Process until the ingredients form a uniform paste.
- Begin heating several inches of oil in a cast iron skillet or dutch oven until the oil reaches 375°F. You
will want to maintain the oil temperature between 350 and 375 degrees F throughout cooking. The oil takes 10-15 minutes to heat.
- Meanwhile, begin to assemble the egg rolls. In a medium mixing bowl, gently stir together the
avocado, red onion, sundried tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on your work area with the corners pointing up and down and side to
side.. Brush with the beaten egg (you can focus the egg wash around the edges of the wrapper as
this is what will help to seal the wrapper.)
- Scoop a couple tablespoons of the filling mixture in the center of the wrapper, forming a horizontal
- Fold in the two sides of the wrapper. Fold up from the bottom of the egg roll and continue rolling to
seal the whole thing.
- Fry the egg rolls 2-3 at a time so that there is plenty of space between the egg rolls in the pan. Fry
for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the the egg roll is golden brown all over. Lift from the oil with a
slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Serve warm with the dipping sauce.
More Copycat Recipes We Love!
Copycat Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
Dipping Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lime (juice of 1 lime)
- 2 green onions white parts only, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro about 1 large handful
- 1/4 cup honey
Egg Roll Ingredients:
- 4 ripe avocados diced
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten well
- Vegetable oil for frying
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.