I rely pretty heavily on my crockpot during the holiday season. Since my stove is usually full of roasts and casseroles, the crockpot is PERFECT for preparing your favorite holiday side dishes.
Our favorite holiday side is homemade creamed corn. If you’ve never had homemade creamed corn, you are missing out. So creamy, so decadent, and it is so easy to make!
For this holiday favorite, I always turn to Del Monte® Corn. Del Monte®fruits, vegetables & tomatoes are grown in the best soil, then packed at the peaks of ripeness to lock in nutrients.
The majority are canned the same day they are picked to lock in nutrients and flavor. And did you know that nearly 90% of Del Monte® fruits and vegetables are grown in the United States, in the best growing regions for a consistently quality product?
I feel confident that whenI have Del Monte® products in my pantry, I have garden quality veggies at my fingertips. This is a MUST for all the holiday entertaining I will be doing this season.
Make sure to check out theDel Monte® Facebook page for more great recipes and information!
Crockpot Creamed Corn
3 (15.25 oz) cans of Del Monte®Whole Kernel Gold and White Corn, drained
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
1 cup milk
1/3 cup of butter, cut in to TB pieces
2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. First place drained corn into a 4-5 quart crockpot.
2. Add in milk, pepper, sugar and stir until well combined. Finally, top with butter tabs and cubed cream cheese. ( do not stir. you will stir at the end of the cooking process)
3. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. 15 minutes before you are ready to serve, uncover and stir until cream cheese and butter are well combined with the corn. Recover and cook for 15 more minutes.
I hope you enjoy our holiday favorite and the garden fresh taste from Del Monte!
- 3 (15.25 oz) cans of Del Monte® Whole Kernel Gold and White Corn, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup of butter, cut in to TB pieces
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- First place drained corn into a 4-5 quart crockpot.
- Add in milk, pepper, sugar and stir until well combined. Finally, top with butter tabs and cubed cream cheese. ( do not stir. you will stir at the end of the cooking process)
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours. 15 minutes before you are ready to serve, uncover and stir until cream cheese and butter are well combined with the corn. Recover and cook for 15 more minutes.
Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on a FUN new meal or idea and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE andenter your email!
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D
Disclaimer:I was compensated for this post. As always, all opinions and thoughts are my own.
Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b:Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c: Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d: For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 11/18/2013-12/18/2013
Be sure to visit theDel Monte® brand pageon BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers reviews and find more chances to win!