30 Easy Crockpot Recipes

It’s a busy time of year!
Don’t worry, I’ve gotcha covered!

30 easy crockpot meals for back to school

This time of year brings all sorts of added rushes. Everyone has to get back into the swing of the school schedule. There is drop-off, pick-up, after school activities, sports, playdates, homework groups, music lessons…..

As a working mom, I know that added stress of packing lunches AND planning dinners everyday is enough to push a sane person over the edge.  This is why I rely so heavily on my crockpot. It really is a busy family’s best friend.

So you don’t have to search around the endless recipes on Google or Pinterest, I thought I would put together a group of my favorite 30 Easy Crockpot Recipes for the family. These are all in my regular rotation and are loved by all.

If you are ever in need of MORE crockpot ideas, make sure to follow my Crockpot OBSESSED Pinterest Board. The name really does say it all :)

Crockpot Lasagna Soup || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Crockpot Lasagna Soup

Crockpot Carnitas || Pinch of Yum

Crockpot Orange Glazed Meatballs || Family Fresh Meals

Crockpot Lasagna || Family Fresh Meals

Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore

Crockpot Honey Garlic Meatballs || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Honey Garlic Crockpot Meatballs - FamilyFreshMeals.com

Crockpot Stuffed Peppers || Family Fresh Meals

Crockpot Smothered Pork || Recipes That Crock

Mexican Lasagna Stack Up || Family Fresh Meals

Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket || The Country Cook

Crockpot Cool Ranch Chicken || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Cool Ranch Crockpot Chicken Tacos or Tostadas

The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken  || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - The Best Crockpot BBQ Chicken -- FamilyFreshMeals.com --

Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast Recipe || Six Sisters’ Stuff

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken and Ranch Potatoes  || The Magical Slow Cooker

Slow-Cooker Cheesy Italian Tortellini || Betty Crocker

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken and Rice || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Crockpot Cheesy Chicken & Rice

Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Sandwiches || Betty Crocker/Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Slow-Cooker Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwiches to combined my love for pulled chicken and jalapeno poppers into one sandwich.

Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket || The Country Cook

Slow-Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Fajitas || Betty Crocker

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff || Yummy Healthy Easy

Cheesy Crockpot Cowboy Casserole || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Crockpot Cowboy Casserole FamilyFreshMeals.com

Whole Roasted Chicken in the Crockpot || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - How to Roast a Whole Chicken in the Crockpot - Family Fresh Meals

Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken ---- FamilyFreshMeals.com

Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken & Pasta || Betty Crocker/Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - Slow Cooker Bacon Ranch Chicken

The Best Crockpot Beef Stew || Family Fresh Meals

30 Easy Crockpot Recipes - The Best Crockpot Beef Stew FamilyFreshMeals

Do you love soup? Make sure to check out my favorite crockpot soups!

25 comforting crockpot soups and stews - familyfreshmeals.com FB

Family Fresh Meals - 30 Easy Crockpot RecipesDo you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or easy lunchbox ideas for thefamily and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!

XO
Corey, Darryl, Big D & Little D

Do you love Family Fresh Meals? Never miss out on FUN new meals or Easy Lunchbox Ideas for the Family and SIGN UP to have my posts sent right to your inbox! It’s EASY PEASY! Just CLICK HERE and enter your email!

Here is what I used to make these 30 Easy Crockpot Recipes!

Click on the images for more details

(Post contains affiliate links)

30 easy crockpot meals - family fresh meals - for back to school

Comments

1. rachel d says:

FYI – you have Betty Crocker cheesy italian tortellini in there twice. LOL!!

2. momoffour says:

With four very active kids (currently juggling one kid in high school football, one playing football in two separate leagues, one playing football AND soccer, and another “just” playing soccer, a full time job, and a husband) needles to say, I’m very busy! I love LOVE my crock pot! I have recently discovered freezer meals. (Another wonderful time saver!) But even better is freezing meals for the crock pot. Have you tried making any of these recipes ahead of time and popping them in the freezer until your ready for them? I have one week left before school starts and I go back to work. I’m trying to make up as many meals as I can this week to make my life so much simpler and avoid not having an answer for the dreaded “what’s for supper?” question.

• When I was a single mom and my children still lived at home and I worked ten hour days, I named my crock pot ‘wife’. I did my shopping and prep work on one day kept everything in rubbermaid or baggies put my meals together, and put my frozen things in the pot in the morning, came home added fresh garnishes and voila…supper. I loved my wife…

Now alone in my home, I make soup, or ribs, or something else I don’t mind eating all week, we’ve grown old and matured together… plus it’s great for parties or when my grandkids come over… put something in before we go to the beach! woo hoo

• Back in the 1980’s, I would make freezer meals for my boys. I had trays that looked like the TV dinner trays. I didn’t have a microwave, so making meals was more time consuming. I was a single mom who worked late a lot. The boys are grown now with families of their own. They tell their wives they need to make freezer meals. They had no clue as to what that was till I told them. It’s nice to read some one else was doing the same thing.

3. Some of these recipes look really delicious (and easy – win!). My only question is that a lot of them say cook for low 4-5hrs (ish). Could it stay on warm all day? I work all day and aren’t able to turn it off after 4 hours. How will it turn out if it kept in there longer?

• Some crockpots have a timer that will switch to warm once it is done cooking. I hope that helps Sharon :)

• Katharine+in+Brussels says:

Hi Sharon, if I can add some ideas I work 12-hr shifts 2-3 weeks of the month so have the same problem. My slow cooker has an auto setting that cooks on high for 4 hours then goes to warm, but sometimes that’s still too overcooked. First, the ideal is to use stew and soup recipes with a lot of liquid, and if you really can’t stand overcooked veg to add tiny minced pieces when you get home then wait another half hour, or sauté them seperately in a pan. Another idea is to cook in quantity over the weekend–I like setting up the slow cooker and then doing the shopping to come home for dinner ready and waiting, then package up the rest to eat later. I have also been known to freeze ingredients in advance, then dump and turn on the slow cooker before running out the door. But sometimes that’s still too fast. So I started using an timer plug attachment like what one uses to turn on the lamp every evening when you’re on vacation: I set it for two hours and put in frozen ingredients but my crock pot insulates really well and 120mins later a lot is still frozen, so I could make that longer. So far I have just used that over the weekend when I’m at home since I haven’t totally got the hang of when everything thaws to room temp, and I don’t want to court food poisoning. FWIW I’m vegetarian so I don’t make anything with raw or frozen raw meat in it–and notably most veggie dishes cook faster than omnivore ones. The solutions are out there, but stay safe!

• I’m away at work all day myself and my crockpot is not programmable so I use a timer on mine (the kind you use for your Christmas lights). It works great! It allows me to program when I want my crockpot to turn on and off that way your food is not overcooked when you get home:) Hope this helps:

• Unbelievably brilliant!

• Wow, that is so freaking easy and so smart! My crock pot it a hand me down from my Grannie so it is not programmable! I am heading to the hardware store this weekend and I am gonna cook away. Thank you, THANK you for this tip!!!

• CheesyLouise says:

Actually, I have cooked meat all night in a crock on just the “Keep Warm” setting and it is fully cooked. So YES you can use a lowest setting possible if you are going to be gone all day.

• I use a light timer to turn my crock pot on at a certain time. That way a breakfast meal can start cooking at midnight or 2 am and an evening meal can start cooking at 10 am or noon. We do a lot of slow cooking when we are camping and this works perfectly. We get back from riding our horses, just need to put the finishing touches on our meal and it is ready to eat.

4. These all look really good, going to have to break out the crockpot and give them a go. Thanks =]

5. My crock pot does not have a timer to switch to keep warm..would I be able to have the setting on keep warm all day? I am in school until 8 pm and my husband works all day too. Thanks ahead of time!

6. These will come very handy thank so much these all look delish!

7. Are there good substitutes for all the cream of chicken/mushroom soups? Whole ingredients?

8. Katharine in Brussels says:

Thank you Corey for this awesome roundup! Our family is yours ‘in reverse': I’m veg and husband is not. I can make everything here, including the chicken recipes (although they won’t shred) with Quron chick’n pieces. I buy in bulk frozen so they can even be added at the same time as you add raw chick’n. And I am going to figure out how to veg that beef stew too! :) Am so psyched… I have American family and friends visiting this week and was wondering what I was going to make, especially since I have kind of forgotten what we eat a lot in America. Thanks to you Corey–problem solved!

• Awesome Katharine! Can you get the veggie beef by you? There is a brand I use called Gardein and they make vegetarian friendly “beef-less beef tips”.

9. Kelly Hedley says:

I was wondering if these meals could be made, and then frozen for quick reheat on busy week night?

10. Elizabeth says:

Awesome post will definitely be trying these this fall… you also have honey balsamic pork roast in there twice also.

11. Thanks so much for linking to our Smothered Pork!

12. This is a great post! Brilliant to the lady that uses a christmas light timer to turn her crock pot off!

I’ve emailed 6 different recipes to try in the next two weeks. Thank you so much for the help. I have such a hard time deciding what to make for dinner, and my husband works late two to three nights a week so it’s just me and my son. Crock pot would make it easy to keep it warm for him when he gets home.

13. I see that it’s been asked but not answered yet. These meals look great, but can they be prepped then frozen so that we can just pop them in the crockpot in the morning for those busy days? Please respond if you have tried it this way. Thanks!

• I have not made any of these as freezer meals myself. Can anyone else who has please let us know which ones work for this method?

14. I love having these recipes all in one place so I was happy to follow you on Pinterest.
    I’m not sure if every working parent is able to, but I took my crock pot to work with me! I was making something that i knew would overcook before I got home, so I filled it it in the morning and stashed it in the work fridge. Around noon I plugged it in at my desk and it was pretty much done by the time the day ended. There wasn’t any waiting for dinner that night!

15. Susan Johnson says:

where can I buy the book

16. Jackie Walker says:

Thanks for all the great recipes. I don’t know why everyone keeps saying “crock pot season is coming” or “this fall”. I use my crock pot all year round. It really helps to keep from heating the kitchen to unbearable on a hot summers day. (BBQ grill is the only thing that works better but alot of times I don’t feel like standing outside on a hot day either.) I own 3 crock pots & sometimes use all 3 for Holiday meals. They help keep me out of the kitchen & enjoying family &/or friends. Before my crock pots, I slaved all day in the kitchen while my family enjoyed the holidays!

17. Just added this link to my favorites! I currently do not have a stove.. Just a crock pot and a toaster oven!! Plus a 8 month old and a busy job! I could get everything ready the night before and toss it in on my lunch! By the time I get off everything would be done and yummy!!

18. They all look so good, hard to chose.

19. COOL RANCH CROCKPOT CHICKEN IS MY FAVORITE! Yes, it needs to be in all caps because it makes me THAT excited. I found that first one in Pinterest and have made it half a dozen times. Excited to follow your blog!

20. My crockpot has two settings: low and high. I assume the cook times given in your recipes refer to the high setting? And if so, can cook time just be increased if the low setting is used? By how much?

• It will say in the recipe if your should cook on HIGH or LOW. Some have settings for both listed in the recipe if I have tested it both ways. If you find a particular recipe you have a question on, just let me know :)