Build up the Christmas excitement with these special lunches.
For a kid stuck in school during December, it can be hard to get into the holiday spirit. When you’ve got to wait in the cold for your school bus every morning and sit in a classroom all day, Christmas starts to seem like a dim light at the end of a really, really long tunnel.
So I like to bring a little Christmas cheer into the school day for my kids by packing them special, festive lunchboxes. Just a touch of peppermint or a splash of red, white, and green, and suddenly it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Here are a few examples of some cute holiday lunchbox ideas:
- My Candy Cane Lunchbox has a red-and-white assortment of veggies and cheese, plus graham crackers with my delicious Creamy Peppermint Dip.
- My Grinch Lunchbox has fruity Grinch Kabobs, holiday M&M’s, and a green quesadilla sporting an evil Grinch smile made from black olives.
- The Christmas Tree Box livens up fresh fruit and chocolate-covered pretzels with some Greek Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip packed into a Christmas-tree cookie cutter and adorned with M&M ornaments.
- The Snowman Box includes holiday treats of cheese cubes, summer sausage, accompanied by water crackers colored like snowmen using food markers. (aff link)
With these lunchtime treats, my kids can feel the holiday excitement even in the middle of the school routine.
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
WHAT I USED TO MAKE THESE CUTE HOLIDAY LUNCHBOX IDEAS
Lunchboxes: These are one of my favorite lunchboxes for the family.
Food Markers: Make food fun with these food color markers!
Looking for more free recipes? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates.
Cute Holiday Lunchbox Ideas
- Each lunchbox ingredients will vary
- Place ingredients in lunchboxes and store in fridge. Use within 3 days.
Save this recipe for later! Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your recipe box!
Family Fresh Meals is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is only an estimate. We recommend running the ingredients through an online nutritional calculator if you need to verify any information.
Need more lunchbox ideas?
- Over 50 Healthy Work Lunchbox Ideas – perfect for the New Year!
- Weight Watchers Zero Point Lunchbox – if you are on WW, you will love these!
- DIY Lunchable Brunchable Sausage Lunchbox – my kids love these!
Leave a Comment